Griffin goes 36 points clear
ROYSTON rally driver Brett Griffin went 36 points clear at the top of the AEMC Championship with a second-place finish in the B class. Griffin took 13th place overall, securing 30 championship points. Griffin and his team tackled the rain soaked Bradwel
ROYSTON rally driver Brett Griffin went 36 points clear at the top of the AEMC Championship with a second-place finish in the B class.
Griffin took 13th place overall, securing 30 championship points.
Griffin and his team tackled the rain soaked Bradwell track, which included farm and gravel tracks, and parts of an airfield.
Improving as the stages progressed, Griffin made a quick service where his team fitted new tyres, and at this point was fourth in the class rankings.
You may also want to watch:
He raced through stages eight, nine and 10 and quickly established a third place stance with his Peugeot 106 gti looking in top form.
In the last stages of the race, Griffin pushed even harder, but as the finish line drew closer, he cut a corner, only to smash a wing mirror into a post.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 7 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
Despite the setback he continued at the wheel, sensing a decent time was in reach.