Greneway youngsters win run chase
Greneway School s Year 7 cricketers won a run chase to beat Highfield School. Powell and Birch took Highfield to 32 without loss, before Fergus Campbell trapped Powell lbw and Craig Homewood followed in the next over with another unplayable delivery to
Greneway School's Year 7 cricketers won a run chase to beat Highfield School.
Powell and Birch took Highfield to 32 without loss, before Fergus Campbell trapped Powell lbw and Craig Homewood followed in the next over with another unplayable delivery to trap Birch lbw, leaving the visitors at 34 for 2.
Eleanor Bishop then bowled Pugh and Brown in successive deliveries, setting up a hat-trick ball against Preston.
Another good delivery followed, but Preston pushed forward and survived. However, the next wicket was not too far away and a superb spin ball from Callum Turner soon had Highfield at 50 for 5.
You may also want to watch:
Then Joe Carpenter forced an error from Brunton who was caught behind by skipper Alex Brain (60 for 6), and Joe Walsh forced Briley into hitting his wicket (67 for 7).
Bishop then expertly caught Bullen off another good Campbell delivery (70 for 7), and Highfield finished on 72 for 8 from their allotted 20 overs.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 10 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
In reply Alex Brain and Alec Fynn gave Greneway a good start before Brain was trapped lbw.
Callum Turner joined Fynn and, hit two boundaries in his quickfire 11 before he was bowled by Clark.
With the score at 59 for 2, Anthony Lane played some impressive strokes, and he and Eleanor Bishop steered Greneway home.