Greneway youngsters round off a great season
GRENEWAY School s talented young athletes have ended another successful season on a high note after winning 11 trophies. The Year 7 and 8 pupils have shone throughout the season, and have continued their impressive form with a remarkable haul of honours,
GRENEWAY School's talented young athletes have ended another successful season on a high note after winning 11 trophies.
The Year 7 and 8 pupils have shone throughout the season, and have continued their impressive form with a remarkable haul of honours, that includes the North Herts Schools' Year 7 and 8 championship titles, North Herts Schools' Grand Prix championship (alongside Meridian) and North Herts Schools' leagues for the Year 7 girls and Year 8 boys and girls.
In the process many of the school's long-standing records were broken, with Amber Rivers setting a new record in the Year 7 girls 70m hurdles with a time of 12.19 seconds.
Amy Cooper set a new record in the Year 7 girls 200m with a time of 27.42 secs, while Aaron Smith broke the Year 7 boys 100m record with a time of 12.81 secs. Hannah Tofts also set a new record in the Year 7 girls 100m with a time of 13.21 secs.
You may also want to watch:
Amber Rivers, Charlotte Pinner, Amy Cooper and Megan Pinner also set a new Year 7 4x100m relay record with a time of 54.68 secs, while George Sames, Cemal Ramadan, Sam Edney and Aaron Smith set a new record for the Year 7 boys 4x100m relay with a time of 54.87 secs.
Head of PE Terry Graves said: "It's been a good year for them and their success is down to talent, commitment and teamwork.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start