Greneway trio help Herts to Inter-County triumph
THREE Greneway and Corvus Cornix basketballers selected for the Hertfordshire Girls’ U12 team have helped the team win the regional gold for the first time in the Inter-County finals.
Jodie Newsome, Lucy Huttlestone and Lydia Bishop all featured in Herts’ unbeaten run against Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Suffolk which led to the final against the pre-tournament favourites Essex.
And in a superb team performance Hertfordshire dominated the match from start to finish to win emphatically 34-12.
They will now go on to the Inter-regional matches at Lilleshall in September which is used to select the England U13 squad for 2012/13.
You may also want to watch:
“Greneway and Corvus BC continue to produce high-quality team players and this latest trio have used this elite selection as a stepping stone to even greater achievement in the future. All the players are a pleasure to work with and a real credit to themselves, the school, the club and Royston,” said Mr Terry Graves, Greneway’s assistant head teacher.
- 1 Road closed after 'serious' crash on A10
- 2 'FOI request refusal leaves residents in darkness'
- 3 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 4 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 7 Olly Murs looking forward to touring again
- 8 I will not stop fighting for our chalk streams, says South Cambs MP
- 9 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 10 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire