Greneway trio help Herts to Inter-County triumph
THREE Greneway and Corvus Cornix basketballers selected for the Hertfordshire Girls’ U12 team have helped the team win the regional gold for the first time in the Inter-County finals.
Jodie Newsome, Lucy Huttlestone and Lydia Bishop all featured in Herts’ unbeaten run against Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Suffolk which led to the final against the pre-tournament favourites Essex.
And in a superb team performance Hertfordshire dominated the match from start to finish to win emphatically 34-12.
They will now go on to the Inter-regional matches at Lilleshall in September which is used to select the England U13 squad for 2012/13.
You may also want to watch:
“Greneway and Corvus BC continue to produce high-quality team players and this latest trio have used this elite selection as a stepping stone to even greater achievement in the future. All the players are a pleasure to work with and a real credit to themselves, the school, the club and Royston,” said Mr Terry Graves, Greneway’s assistant head teacher.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims