Greneway trio help Herts to Inter-County triumph
THREE Greneway and Corvus Cornix basketballers selected for the Hertfordshire Girls’ U12 team have helped the team win the regional gold for the first time in the Inter-County finals.
Jodie Newsome, Lucy Huttlestone and Lydia Bishop all featured in Herts’ unbeaten run against Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Suffolk which led to the final against the pre-tournament favourites Essex.
And in a superb team performance Hertfordshire dominated the match from start to finish to win emphatically 34-12.
They will now go on to the Inter-regional matches at Lilleshall in September which is used to select the England U13 squad for 2012/13.
You may also want to watch:
“Greneway and Corvus BC continue to produce high-quality team players and this latest trio have used this elite selection as a stepping stone to even greater achievement in the future. All the players are a pleasure to work with and a real credit to themselves, the school, the club and Royston,” said Mr Terry Graves, Greneway’s assistant head teacher.
- 1 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 2 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 5 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 9 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 10 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss