Greneway through to regional finals
GRENEWAY School’s talented U13 rugby team have made it through to the RFU regional finals after triumphing in the Hertfordshire finals recently.
Having won two district titles on the way and remaining unbeaten, the team were confident of their chances and were keen to rise to the latest challenge – a second successive County Crown and a title Grand Slam. Four other teams had won the right to compete for the County Crown and each school team was also of high calibre.
Greneway got off to a great start by beating Cheshunt’s Goffs School 10-5 before they produced an equally impressive display against Marlborough School to win 15-5 with three excellent tries coming from Rhys Redrup and two from James Shannon.
Things continued to go according to plan as they dispatched Stanborough School 15-0 with Shannon bagging himself two more tries.
Kings Langley School, also unbeaten, were Greneway’s final obstacle but the Royston team came out on top 10-5 with Shannon again proving the match-winner with two tries.
You may also want to watch:
The win meant Greneway were crowned Hertfordshire champions for the second successive year.
Greneway: Ponting. Lewis, Williams, King, J Shannon, Redrup, Moore, Rees, Simons, Pinner, Ireland (C), E Shannon, Watson, Parry, Gambell, Stuart, Mills, Reader.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 10 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash