Greneway through to regional finals
GRENEWAY School’s talented U13 rugby team have made it through to the RFU regional finals after triumphing in the Hertfordshire finals recently.
Having won two district titles on the way and remaining unbeaten, the team were confident of their chances and were keen to rise to the latest challenge – a second successive County Crown and a title Grand Slam. Four other teams had won the right to compete for the County Crown and each school team was also of high calibre.
Greneway got off to a great start by beating Cheshunt’s Goffs School 10-5 before they produced an equally impressive display against Marlborough School to win 15-5 with three excellent tries coming from Rhys Redrup and two from James Shannon.
Things continued to go according to plan as they dispatched Stanborough School 15-0 with Shannon bagging himself two more tries.
Kings Langley School, also unbeaten, were Greneway’s final obstacle but the Royston team came out on top 10-5 with Shannon again proving the match-winner with two tries.
You may also want to watch:
The win meant Greneway were crowned Hertfordshire champions for the second successive year.
Greneway: Ponting. Lewis, Williams, King, J Shannon, Redrup, Moore, Rees, Simons, Pinner, Ireland (C), E Shannon, Watson, Parry, Gambell, Stuart, Mills, Reader.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 10 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés