Greneway through to County Final
Greneway U13s 25 Marriotts U13s 10
GRENEWAY’S Year 7 and 8 rugby team progressed to the County Finals after beating Marriotts School (Stevenage) in the North Herts play-off final last week.
Greneway started the game the same way as they prepared in there warm up, strong determined and professional. This soon showed as it was not long until Rhys Redrup scored Greneway’s first try. Four minutes later, the second try, a real shared effort between, Robbie Ponting and Edward Shannon, after some great ball handling from Gus Rees, Ethan Lewis, Sam Williams, James Reader and James Shannon in the build up.
Being two tries up so early seemed too good to be true and it was at this point Greneway had a game on their hands as Marriotts came out fighting and had a great deal of possession. Tackling had to be strong from Greneway, Matt Moore, Jack Mills and Ponting made some outstanding tackles to prevent any scores. Soon after there was a turnover from a big tackle from Shannon and Ponting touched down the third try.
Marriotts pushed Greneway hard in the second half, though, and managed two tries to make the tie even more entertaining.
You may also want to watch:
However, Greneway’s superior stamina and determination proved too much for Marriotts in the end and Ireland made it 20-10 before Redrup completed his brace to make it five 25-10.
- 1 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images