Greneway through to County Final
Greneway U13s 25 Marriotts U13s 10
GRENEWAY’S Year 7 and 8 rugby team progressed to the County Finals after beating Marriotts School (Stevenage) in the North Herts play-off final last week.
Greneway started the game the same way as they prepared in there warm up, strong determined and professional. This soon showed as it was not long until Rhys Redrup scored Greneway’s first try. Four minutes later, the second try, a real shared effort between, Robbie Ponting and Edward Shannon, after some great ball handling from Gus Rees, Ethan Lewis, Sam Williams, James Reader and James Shannon in the build up.
Being two tries up so early seemed too good to be true and it was at this point Greneway had a game on their hands as Marriotts came out fighting and had a great deal of possession. Tackling had to be strong from Greneway, Matt Moore, Jack Mills and Ponting made some outstanding tackles to prevent any scores. Soon after there was a turnover from a big tackle from Shannon and Ponting touched down the third try.
Marriotts pushed Greneway hard in the second half, though, and managed two tries to make the tie even more entertaining.
You may also want to watch:
However, Greneway’s superior stamina and determination proved too much for Marriotts in the end and Ireland made it 20-10 before Redrup completed his brace to make it five 25-10.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?