Greneway stars are rewarded
GRENEWAY School athletes have been rewarded for their fine form in helping North Herts win the Herts Youth Games with the presentation of their trophies. Kirsten Sparks of the North Herts Sports Development Team visited the Royston school to make the awa
GRENEWAY School athletes have been rewarded for their fine form in helping North Herts win the Herts Youth Games with the presentation of their trophies.
Kirsten Sparks of the North Herts Sports Development Team visited the Royston school to make the awards.
The North Herts under-12 boys and girls basketball teams were made up of Greneway players and coached by Terry Graves, Rob Dowler, Hannah Gifford, and Karen Foulger, who are also from Greneway.
Both teams won silver at the Herts Youth Games and won the North Herts Schools' under-12 league without losing a match.
You may also want to watch:
The school's football team was also presented with their Wix Trophy winners medals, while six of the Year 6 sports hall athletics squad were rewarded for their performances after winning the North Herts Schools' Under-11 Championship.
Mr Graves said: "We have a strong tradition for sport at Greneway and many from Years 5 to 8 have excelled at district, county, regional, and national standard.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 5 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 6 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 7 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
"We've had a very successful athletics season so far, with our sports hall athletics success and we're currently top of the North Herts Leagues for the Year 7 boys and girls combined and the Year 8 boys, girls and combined.