Greneway squad battle to beat the conditions
GRENEWAY S talented athletes looked to carry on their North Herts Schools Athletics Championship success, returning to the Ridlins Stadium in Stevenage for North Herts Schools League action. Head of PE Terry Graves said: All the athletes looked to conti
GRENEWAY'S talented athletes looked to carry on their North Herts Schools Athletics Championship success, returning to the Ridlins Stadium in Stevenage for North Herts Schools League action.
Head of PE Terry Graves said: "All the athletes looked to continue their excellent form of late, and were prepared to give it their all once more in pursuit of those personal bests.
"However, the wet conditions made this difficult, and completion and positions became the key priority for all schools.
"Even so there were still personal bests and some very impressive performances."
You may also want to watch:
In the Year 7 boys' section B Coles won the 100m and long jump, J Leighton won the 200m, S Cooper won the long jump, and J Hall the shot.
In the girls' category L Woo-Sam won the high jump, while E Bass won the discus.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
In the Year 8 section there were a number of first place finishes for both the boys and girls, including L Maslin and D Sims in the 400m boys final, and K Yarwood and B Boulton in the 200m girls final.
Athletes who secured personal bests included Year 7 athletes R Thomas, J Hall and E Bass, and L Maslin, Sims, J Tillmouth and K Smith were are all in Year 8.