Greneway squad battle to beat the conditions
GRENEWAY S talented athletes looked to carry on their North Herts Schools Athletics Championship success, returning to the Ridlins Stadium in Stevenage for North Herts Schools League action. Head of PE Terry Graves said: All the athletes looked to conti
GRENEWAY'S talented athletes looked to carry on their North Herts Schools Athletics Championship success, returning to the Ridlins Stadium in Stevenage for North Herts Schools League action.
Head of PE Terry Graves said: "All the athletes looked to continue their excellent form of late, and were prepared to give it their all once more in pursuit of those personal bests.
"However, the wet conditions made this difficult, and completion and positions became the key priority for all schools.
"Even so there were still personal bests and some very impressive performances."
You may also want to watch:
In the Year 7 boys' section B Coles won the 100m and long jump, J Leighton won the 200m, S Cooper won the long jump, and J Hall the shot.
In the girls' category L Woo-Sam won the high jump, while E Bass won the discus.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
In the Year 8 section there were a number of first place finishes for both the boys and girls, including L Maslin and D Sims in the 400m boys final, and K Yarwood and B Boulton in the 200m girls final.
Athletes who secured personal bests included Year 7 athletes R Thomas, J Hall and E Bass, and L Maslin, Sims, J Tillmouth and K Smith were are all in Year 8.