Greneway show their true class
GRENEWAY started their new league season in style by chalking up an impressive 40-point haul away to Highfield in Letchworth. In a small and narrow gym, space and time and decision making was always going to be at a premium, and as a result the game was
GRENEWAY started their new league season in style by chalking up an impressive 40-point haul away to Highfield in Letchworth.
In a small and narrow gym, space and time and decision making was always going to be at a premium, and as a result the game was frenetic and scrappy.
At times Greneway were able to show their class with some good team moves and they never looked like losing the match even though both teams were evenly matched.
And perhaps the hosts could have got nearer Greneway's 40-points if not for missing a staggering 26 open lay-ups and a number of close range chances.
You may also want to watch:
However, Greneway's superior man-to-man defence would have also contributed to this, with their determination and pressure proving to be the key with a number of turnovers.
Coach Terry Graves said: "There were many other positives for the Greneway players - fitness, commitment, perseverance and a good debut from Toby Hall. Overall it was a good win on the road!"
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 4 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 7 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
Greneway's Sam Tobiss chalked up 10 points and a staggering 20 rebounds, while John Middlemass scored six points and made five blocks.