Greneway show their true class
GRENEWAY started their new league season in style by chalking up an impressive 40-point haul away to Highfield in Letchworth. In a small and narrow gym, space and time and decision making was always going to be at a premium, and as a result the game was
GRENEWAY started their new league season in style by chalking up an impressive 40-point haul away to Highfield in Letchworth.
In a small and narrow gym, space and time and decision making was always going to be at a premium, and as a result the game was frenetic and scrappy.
At times Greneway were able to show their class with some good team moves and they never looked like losing the match even though both teams were evenly matched.
And perhaps the hosts could have got nearer Greneway's 40-points if not for missing a staggering 26 open lay-ups and a number of close range chances.
However, Greneway's superior man-to-man defence would have also contributed to this, with their determination and pressure proving to be the key with a number of turnovers.
Coach Terry Graves said: "There were many other positives for the Greneway players - fitness, commitment, perseverance and a good debut from Toby Hall. Overall it was a good win on the road!"
- 1 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 2 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 3 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 4 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 5 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 6 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 7 Royston Town happy to be a breeding ground if it helps their own progression
- 8 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 9 IN PICTURES: A Cambridgeshire showcase at the inaugural County Day
- 10 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
Greneway's Sam Tobiss chalked up 10 points and a staggering 20 rebounds, while John Middlemass scored six points and made five blocks.