Greneway shine in relay contest
GRENEWAY School s young swimmers enjoyed a successful day at the Hertfordshire Primary Schools Relay Championships at Berkhamsted Collegiate Girls School. Greneway were up against 19 other schools in what was always going to be a challenege for the Roys
GRENEWAY School's young swimmers enjoyed a successful day at the Hertfordshire Primary Schools' Relay Championships at Berkhamsted Collegiate Girls School.
Greneway were up against 19 other schools in what was always going to be a challenege for the Royston school's Year 5 and 6 swimmers.
However, the youngsters finished in a deserved sixth position. The boys team even came away with the consoltaion trophy thanks to their second place finishes.
Overall Greneway were just 12 points behind winners Aldwickbury School of Harpenden and seven points behind second placed York House School of Rickmansworth.
You may also want to watch:
Head of PE Terry Graves said: "As one of only four state schools, this was a superb effort by the whole team."
All the Greneway swimmers achieved personal bests.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 5 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 9 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 10 Three household waste collection crews suspended
Boys team: Josh Allen, Oliver Bass, Sam Edney and Callum Orvis.
Girls team: Emmie Ward, Leah Parcell, Christy Stubbs and Hannah Smith.