Greneway shine in relay contest
GRENEWAY School s young swimmers enjoyed a successful day at the Hertfordshire Primary Schools Relay Championships at Berkhamsted Collegiate Girls School. Greneway were up against 19 other schools in what was always going to be a challenege for the Roys
GRENEWAY School's young swimmers enjoyed a successful day at the Hertfordshire Primary Schools' Relay Championships at Berkhamsted Collegiate Girls School.
Greneway were up against 19 other schools in what was always going to be a challenege for the Royston school's Year 5 and 6 swimmers.
However, the youngsters finished in a deserved sixth position. The boys team even came away with the consoltaion trophy thanks to their second place finishes.
Overall Greneway were just 12 points behind winners Aldwickbury School of Harpenden and seven points behind second placed York House School of Rickmansworth.
Head of PE Terry Graves said: "As one of only four state schools, this was a superb effort by the whole team."
All the Greneway swimmers achieved personal bests.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 6 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 10 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
Boys team: Josh Allen, Oliver Bass, Sam Edney and Callum Orvis.
Girls team: Emmie Ward, Leah Parcell, Christy Stubbs and Hannah Smith.