Greneway shine in relay contest
GRENEWAY School s young swimmers enjoyed a successful day at the Hertfordshire Primary Schools Relay Championships at Berkhamsted Collegiate Girls School. Greneway were up against 19 other schools in what was always going to be a challenege for the Roys
GRENEWAY School's young swimmers enjoyed a successful day at the Hertfordshire Primary Schools' Relay Championships at Berkhamsted Collegiate Girls School.
Greneway were up against 19 other schools in what was always going to be a challenege for the Royston school's Year 5 and 6 swimmers.
However, the youngsters finished in a deserved sixth position. The boys team even came away with the consoltaion trophy thanks to their second place finishes.
Overall Greneway were just 12 points behind winners Aldwickbury School of Harpenden and seven points behind second placed York House School of Rickmansworth.
You may also want to watch:
Head of PE Terry Graves said: "As one of only four state schools, this was a superb effort by the whole team."
All the Greneway swimmers achieved personal bests.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 8 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 9 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 10 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
Boys team: Josh Allen, Oliver Bass, Sam Edney and Callum Orvis.
Girls team: Emmie Ward, Leah Parcell, Christy Stubbs and Hannah Smith.