Greneway School take gold at the inaugural Sport North Herts Games Indoor Athletics Championships
- Credit: Archant
Greneway Middle School’s Year 5/6 Sportshall Athletics team, representing Royston, have won gold at the inaugural Sport North Herts Games Indoor Athletics Championships finals, hosted by Fearnhill School, Letchworth.
The athletes contested events that included standing triple jump, standing long jump, vertical jump, javelin, speed bounce and many running races with turning boards.
Greneway School assistant headteacher and head of PE, Terry Graves, said: “As Herts School Games champions, our young athletes have stepped up again.
“All of our athletes worked hard once more proving that team spirit and re-iterated how well athletic talent is thriving in Royston.”
Squad: Kiera Watts, Laura Thompson, Katherine Swarbrick, Imogen Stevens, Rosey Davies, Estelle Brogden, Shanelle Jacklin, Lola Holson, Emma Todd, Elle Sarter, Alex Moss, Adam McCormack, Sam Lynn, Rory Rees, Billy Turkington, Will Blair, Ross Gardner, Roscoe Tebbs, Thanushen Sathees, Adam Wilson.
You may also want to watch:
Final standings: Royston (first, 147.5 points), Hitchin (second, 144), Baldock (third, 140.5), Letchworth (fourth, 140).
n Greneway’s Year 7 and Year 8 cricket teams have got off to superb starts in their respective North Herts Schools’ Leagues.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 7 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
The Year 7 side have beaten Letchworth’s Highfield School and Hitchin Boys’ School while Year 8 have one of their opening two games, against St Christopher’s.