Greneway School take gold at the inaugural Sport North Herts Games Indoor Athletics Championships
- Credit: Archant
Greneway Middle School’s Year 5/6 Sportshall Athletics team, representing Royston, have won gold at the inaugural Sport North Herts Games Indoor Athletics Championships finals, hosted by Fearnhill School, Letchworth.
The athletes contested events that included standing triple jump, standing long jump, vertical jump, javelin, speed bounce and many running races with turning boards.
Greneway School assistant headteacher and head of PE, Terry Graves, said: “As Herts School Games champions, our young athletes have stepped up again.
“All of our athletes worked hard once more proving that team spirit and re-iterated how well athletic talent is thriving in Royston.”
Squad: Kiera Watts, Laura Thompson, Katherine Swarbrick, Imogen Stevens, Rosey Davies, Estelle Brogden, Shanelle Jacklin, Lola Holson, Emma Todd, Elle Sarter, Alex Moss, Adam McCormack, Sam Lynn, Rory Rees, Billy Turkington, Will Blair, Ross Gardner, Roscoe Tebbs, Thanushen Sathees, Adam Wilson.
You may also want to watch:
Final standings: Royston (first, 147.5 points), Hitchin (second, 144), Baldock (third, 140.5), Letchworth (fourth, 140).
n Greneway’s Year 7 and Year 8 cricket teams have got off to superb starts in their respective North Herts Schools’ Leagues.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 6 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
The Year 7 side have beaten Letchworth’s Highfield School and Hitchin Boys’ School while Year 8 have one of their opening two games, against St Christopher’s.