Greneway School take gold at the inaugural Sport North Herts Games Indoor Athletics Championships
- Credit: Archant
Greneway Middle School’s Year 5/6 Sportshall Athletics team, representing Royston, have won gold at the inaugural Sport North Herts Games Indoor Athletics Championships finals, hosted by Fearnhill School, Letchworth.
The athletes contested events that included standing triple jump, standing long jump, vertical jump, javelin, speed bounce and many running races with turning boards.
Greneway School assistant headteacher and head of PE, Terry Graves, said: “As Herts School Games champions, our young athletes have stepped up again.
“All of our athletes worked hard once more proving that team spirit and re-iterated how well athletic talent is thriving in Royston.”
Squad: Kiera Watts, Laura Thompson, Katherine Swarbrick, Imogen Stevens, Rosey Davies, Estelle Brogden, Shanelle Jacklin, Lola Holson, Emma Todd, Elle Sarter, Alex Moss, Adam McCormack, Sam Lynn, Rory Rees, Billy Turkington, Will Blair, Ross Gardner, Roscoe Tebbs, Thanushen Sathees, Adam Wilson.
Final standings: Royston (first, 147.5 points), Hitchin (second, 144), Baldock (third, 140.5), Letchworth (fourth, 140).
n Greneway’s Year 7 and Year 8 cricket teams have got off to superb starts in their respective North Herts Schools’ Leagues.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 3 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 4 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 5 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 6 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 7 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 Little Seedlings workshops to teach budding gardeners this summer
- 10 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge view portrait of themselves at Fitzwilliam Museum
The Year 7 side have beaten Letchworth’s Highfield School and Hitchin Boys’ School while Year 8 have one of their opening two games, against St Christopher’s.