Greneway School swimming team beat Letchworth school in head-to-head clash
- Credit: Archant
Greneway School’s Years Seven and Eight swim team travelled to St Christopher School, Letchworth for this District Championships warm-up swim meet between the two schools.
Most of the Greneway swimmers swam 50m personal bests, with Jono Adam smashing a 14-year record in the relay backcrawl.
The youngster completed his leg in 39.67, improving his own PB in the process.
Overall, both Greneway boys and girls prevailed in their respective competitions.
The boys beat their Letchworth hosts by three points, 43 to 40, while the girls stormed to a 15 point win, 45 to 30.
An 88 points to 70 win for Greneway stands them in good stead for the upcoming championships.
PE teacher Rob Dowler said: “There were some fantastic swimmers here and we are looking strong for the district championships and retaining the title we won last season.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 5 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 6 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 7 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 8 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 9 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
“A well-organised event at a superb venue and carried out in the right spirit by all involved.”