Greneway School swimming team beat Letchworth school in head-to-head clash
- Credit: Archant
Greneway School’s Years Seven and Eight swim team travelled to St Christopher School, Letchworth for this District Championships warm-up swim meet between the two schools.
Most of the Greneway swimmers swam 50m personal bests, with Jono Adam smashing a 14-year record in the relay backcrawl.
The youngster completed his leg in 39.67, improving his own PB in the process.
Overall, both Greneway boys and girls prevailed in their respective competitions.
The boys beat their Letchworth hosts by three points, 43 to 40, while the girls stormed to a 15 point win, 45 to 30.
You may also want to watch:
An 88 points to 70 win for Greneway stands them in good stead for the upcoming championships.
PE teacher Rob Dowler said: “There were some fantastic swimmers here and we are looking strong for the district championships and retaining the title we won last season.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
“A well-organised event at a superb venue and carried out in the right spirit by all involved.”