Greneway School swimming team beat Letchworth school in head-to-head clash
- Credit: Archant
Greneway School’s Years Seven and Eight swim team travelled to St Christopher School, Letchworth for this District Championships warm-up swim meet between the two schools.
Most of the Greneway swimmers swam 50m personal bests, with Jono Adam smashing a 14-year record in the relay backcrawl.
The youngster completed his leg in 39.67, improving his own PB in the process.
Overall, both Greneway boys and girls prevailed in their respective competitions.
The boys beat their Letchworth hosts by three points, 43 to 40, while the girls stormed to a 15 point win, 45 to 30.
You may also want to watch:
An 88 points to 70 win for Greneway stands them in good stead for the upcoming championships.
PE teacher Rob Dowler said: “There were some fantastic swimmers here and we are looking strong for the district championships and retaining the title we won last season.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 8 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
“A well-organised event at a superb venue and carried out in the right spirit by all involved.”