Greneway School round-up
FOUR young swimmers from Greneway Primary School were selected to represent North Herts Primary Schools team in the Inter-District Championships that took place on Friday, April 23. Their selection came as reward for their successes at the Herts Schools
FOUR young swimmers from Greneway Primary School were selected to represent North Herts Primary Schools team in the Inter-District Championships that took place on Friday, April 23.
Their selection came as reward for their successes at the Herts Schools Championships.
The selected swimmers were Lucy Harrington in the under-10 girls 50m butterfly and medley relay, Joseph Simons in the under-11 boys medley relay, Tom Harrington in the under-11 boys' freestyle and freestyle relay, and Matthew Houghton in the under-11 boys freestyle and medley relay.
The swimmers helped North Herts District to finish in a creditable third place in these high quality championships.
You may also want to watch:
Congratulations to all the swimmers, the schools and Royston Swimming Club for this superb achievement. Royston has never been as well represented at these championships before.
Meanwhile, Greneway pupil Jessica Davies has won her school a set of Adidas team kits along with her own exclusive London 2012 kit bag and water bottle.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
Jessica was one of only 60 winners nationwide in the 'get set' competition in which she had to estimate a rather difficult speedskating distance question.
Assistant head teacher Terry Graves said: "We had many children take part in the competition and we're overwhelmed that Jessica won and that we'll be receiving some special kit which many children will be able to enjoy.