Greneway School make a splash at annual meet with Letchworth St Christopher
- Credit: Archant
Greneway School’s Year 5 and 6 swimming team put in a sterling performance to triumph over Letchworth’s St Christopher School at the pair’s annual meet.
All Greneway swimmers, many of whom were making their debut for the school, swam personal bests for 25m and in the relay teams.
The boys’ team scored 48 points to St Christopher’s 30 in a thrilling competition and the girls scored 57 to the hosts’ 39 to leave Greneway edging out their opponents by 105-69.
The champagne moments were the debutants’ great swims and it was a well-organised event at a superb venue and carried out in the right spirit by all involved.
Once again the strong links between Greneway School and the premier Royston Swimming Club have proved invaluable.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in swimming for the club needs to contact Royston Leisure Centre. Swimming nights are Mondays and Fridays 6-8pm.
Town have two away trips in three days as they head to relegation-threatened Hanwell Town this Saturday before a top-of-the-table clash at Egham Town next Tuesday.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims