Greneway School make a splash at annual meet with Letchworth St Christopher
- Credit: Archant
Greneway School’s Year 5 and 6 swimming team put in a sterling performance to triumph over Letchworth’s St Christopher School at the pair’s annual meet.
All Greneway swimmers, many of whom were making their debut for the school, swam personal bests for 25m and in the relay teams.
The boys’ team scored 48 points to St Christopher’s 30 in a thrilling competition and the girls scored 57 to the hosts’ 39 to leave Greneway edging out their opponents by 105-69.
The champagne moments were the debutants’ great swims and it was a well-organised event at a superb venue and carried out in the right spirit by all involved.
Once again the strong links between Greneway School and the premier Royston Swimming Club have proved invaluable.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in swimming for the club needs to contact Royston Leisure Centre. Swimming nights are Mondays and Fridays 6-8pm.
Town have two away trips in three days as they head to relegation-threatened Hanwell Town this Saturday before a top-of-the-table clash at Egham Town next Tuesday.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 6 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?