Greneway's seventh heaven
GRENEWAY School is celebrating more success on the basketball court after seven of its sporting pupils were selected to join the Hertfordshire under-13s development team. The feat is an impressive total for one school and all the players are now training
GRENEWAY School is celebrating more success on the basketball court after seven of its sporting pupils were selected to join the Hertfordshire under-13s development team.
The feat is an impressive total for one school and all the players are now training with the squad in readiness for the Regional Tournament against Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk.
The winners will then go onto the inter-regional matches at Lilleshall in September, an event which is used to select the England under-14 teams for the 2009/2010 season.
The girls are (pictured, left to right on front row) Eleanor Bishop, Charlotte Pinner, Megan Kaba, Megan Pinner and Amy Cooper.
You may also want to watch:
All five are part of the unbeaten county championship winning Greneway team.
If that wasn't enough sporting prowess both Megan Pinner and Charlotte Pinner are also in the Eastern region netball squad.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
The boys selected are (left to right) Fergus Campbell and Guy Curtis.
In addition to playing for the very successful Greneway teams, both Fergus and Guy are members of Corvus Cornix and Herts and Essex Leopards Basketball clubs.
Speaking about the Greneway sevens' achievements, Greneway's assistant headteacher and head of PE Terry Graves told the Crow: "Greneway and its link clubs continue to produce high quality team players and this latest crop will hopefully use this elite selection as a stepping stone to even greater achievement in the future.
"All the players are a pleasure to work with and a real credit to themselves, the school and Royston.