Greneway record athletics clean-sweep
GRENEWAY’S Year 7 & 8 and Year 5 & 6 athletics teams have enjoyed another incredibly successful season by recording an unprecidented league grand slam.
They won every North Herts Schools’ league title possible to reinforce Royston’s reputation for producing promising young athletes.
Here is a list of championships and twelve trophies won by Greneway:
North Herts Schools’ League Year 7 Combined team
North Herts Schools’ League Year 8 Combined team
North Herts Schools’ League Year 7 Girls team
North Herts Schools’ League Year 7 Boys team
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 3 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 4 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge view portrait of themselves at Fitzwilliam Museum
- 7 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
- 8 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 9 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 10 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
North Herts Schools’ League Year 8 Girls team
North Herts Schools’ League Year 8 Boys team
North Herts Schools’ League Overall Boys Combined
North Herts Schools’ League: Overall Girls Combined
North Herts Schools’ League Boys and Girls Combined
North Herts 2012 Schools’ Year 8 Sportshall Athletics Champions
North East Herts Schools’ Year 5/6 Sportshall Athletics Champions
North East Herts Schools’ Year 8 Sportshall Athletics Champions
Assistant head teacher and head of PE, Terr Graves, says he is once again very proud to see all the hard work pay off.
He said: “The secret to all this success is talent, commitment, athleticism and teamwork from all involved – teachers, pupils, coaches and parents.These young people have consistently demonstrated the Olympic and Paralympic values: Inspiration, Equality, Excellence, Friendship, Determination, Respect and Courage.
“These truly outstanding achievments reinforce once again that many of our children are already reguarly competing at a high level for their school in the North Herts region.”