Greneway record athletics clean-sweep
GRENEWAY’S Year 7 & 8 and Year 5 & 6 athletics teams have enjoyed another incredibly successful season by recording an unprecidented league grand slam.
They won every North Herts Schools’ league title possible to reinforce Royston’s reputation for producing promising young athletes.
Here is a list of championships and twelve trophies won by Greneway:
North Herts Schools’ League Year 7 Combined team
North Herts Schools’ League Year 8 Combined team
North Herts Schools’ League Year 7 Girls team
North Herts Schools’ League Year 7 Boys team
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 4 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 5 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 6 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 7 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 8 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge
- 9 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 10 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
North Herts Schools’ League Year 8 Girls team
North Herts Schools’ League Year 8 Boys team
North Herts Schools’ League Overall Boys Combined
North Herts Schools’ League: Overall Girls Combined
North Herts Schools’ League Boys and Girls Combined
North Herts 2012 Schools’ Year 8 Sportshall Athletics Champions
North East Herts Schools’ Year 5/6 Sportshall Athletics Champions
North East Herts Schools’ Year 8 Sportshall Athletics Champions
Assistant head teacher and head of PE, Terr Graves, says he is once again very proud to see all the hard work pay off.
He said: “The secret to all this success is talent, commitment, athleticism and teamwork from all involved – teachers, pupils, coaches and parents.These young people have consistently demonstrated the Olympic and Paralympic values: Inspiration, Equality, Excellence, Friendship, Determination, Respect and Courage.
“These truly outstanding achievments reinforce once again that many of our children are already reguarly competing at a high level for their school in the North Herts region.”