Greneway reach Table Tennis County Finals
GRENEWAY School will have two teams in this year’s Table-Tennis County Finals.
Four girls and four boys from Year 7 and 8 came out on top in the recent U13 qualifiers for the North East Herts School Sport Partnership which involved 40 pupils from five schools.
Each player played one player from each of the schools in three games attempting to win as many games as possible for their school. The school with the most wins at the end of the evening would advance through to the County Finals.
The boy’s competition was closely contested by all schools involved with Edwinstree of Buntingford taking an early lead, but the number one seed Ralph Sadlier also showed real quality. Roysia and Greneway responded well by adding a number of convincing wins of their own to the scoreboard and it was Greneway who managed to keep their rhythm with all four of their players picking up a number of important wins in some closely contested matches.
The girl’s competition took a similar pattern, but this time it was Greneway setting the early pace, although it was again the Edwinstree number one seed that came out on top. It was Greneway’s strength in depth with their four girls winning 32 out of 36 games that placed them as the number one team.
As the scores were collated it was Greneway who were able to celebrate a victory in both the boys and girls’ competitions after booking their place in the finals.
A special thanks goes to Mr Rob Dowler for organizing the whole event.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 3 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 4 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 5 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 6 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 7 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 8 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 9 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and two meteor showers
- 10 Citizens Advice: Your rights should anything get lost or delayed in the post
Greneway Squad: Sam Chapman, Christy Stubbs, Frankie Hall, Anna Worsey,
Callum Pinner, Ed Atkins, Robbie Ponting, Ryan Judge.