Greneway reach Table Tennis County Finals
GRENEWAY School will have two teams in this year’s Table-Tennis County Finals.
Four girls and four boys from Year 7 and 8 came out on top in the recent U13 qualifiers for the North East Herts School Sport Partnership which involved 40 pupils from five schools.
Each player played one player from each of the schools in three games attempting to win as many games as possible for their school. The school with the most wins at the end of the evening would advance through to the County Finals.
The boy’s competition was closely contested by all schools involved with Edwinstree of Buntingford taking an early lead, but the number one seed Ralph Sadlier also showed real quality. Roysia and Greneway responded well by adding a number of convincing wins of their own to the scoreboard and it was Greneway who managed to keep their rhythm with all four of their players picking up a number of important wins in some closely contested matches.
The girl’s competition took a similar pattern, but this time it was Greneway setting the early pace, although it was again the Edwinstree number one seed that came out on top. It was Greneway’s strength in depth with their four girls winning 32 out of 36 games that placed them as the number one team.
You may also want to watch:
As the scores were collated it was Greneway who were able to celebrate a victory in both the boys and girls’ competitions after booking their place in the finals.
A special thanks goes to Mr Rob Dowler for organizing the whole event.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
Greneway Squad: Sam Chapman, Christy Stubbs, Frankie Hall, Anna Worsey,
Callum Pinner, Ed Atkins, Robbie Ponting, Ryan Judge.