Greneway Middle School Year 7 boys claim North Herts basketball title
- Credit: Archant
Greneway Middle School’s Year 7 basketball side were crowned champions at the age level in North Herts after beating Hitchin Boys’ Year 7 pupils 53-37 at Letchworth’s St Christopher School.
A topsy-turvy first quarter saw the lead change hands several times before Greneway held on to go ahead 16-12.
The game remained even in the second quarter as both sides scored eight points each, taking the scoreline to 24-20.
A motivational half-time team talk gave Greneway confidence to keep the pressure on in the second period and they responded by winning the third quarter 20-6, putting the overall score at 44-26.
Greneway were now 10 minutes away from the School’s 18th Year 7 title in 23 years.
However, Hitchin were intent on spoiling another landmark day as they closed the gap to just 10 points at 46-36.
Greneway fended off any further comeback though and hung on to claim the title.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 8 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Citizens Advice: Getting your budget back on track