Greneway Middle School Year 7 boys claim North Herts basketball title
- Credit: Archant
Greneway Middle School’s Year 7 basketball side were crowned champions at the age level in North Herts after beating Hitchin Boys’ Year 7 pupils 53-37 at Letchworth’s St Christopher School.
A topsy-turvy first quarter saw the lead change hands several times before Greneway held on to go ahead 16-12.
The game remained even in the second quarter as both sides scored eight points each, taking the scoreline to 24-20.
A motivational half-time team talk gave Greneway confidence to keep the pressure on in the second period and they responded by winning the third quarter 20-6, putting the overall score at 44-26.
Greneway were now 10 minutes away from the School’s 18th Year 7 title in 23 years.
You may also want to watch:
However, Hitchin were intent on spoiling another landmark day as they closed the gap to just 10 points at 46-36.
Greneway fended off any further comeback though and hung on to claim the title.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 7 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 8 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College