Greneway lift fourth title in five years
GRENEWAY’S Year 8 girls triumphed in the recent North East Herts Schools’ Partnership Championship.
It was the eighth annual tournament between all the middle schools in the partnership – Greneway, Roysia, Edwinstree and Ralph Sadlier – and in good conditions all teams played each other in 30 minute, 11-a-side matches.
Greneway got off to a perfect start when goals from Lovedeep Singh and skipper Lauren Freeman sealed against Ralph Sadlier. They then won a close match against Roysia to set up a clash against Edwinstree in the final.
The first half remained goalless, thanks largely to the defensive work of Ellie Laughlin but Lauren Freeman broke the deadlock after the interval after good work from Singh and Brooke Racher. And the lead was doubled soon afterwards through Sian McLachlan before Freeman added her second to seal Greneway’s fourth title in five years.
You may also want to watch:
Greneway: Honor Turner (Frankie Hall), Caitlin Kaba, Ellie Laughlin, Brooke Racher, Karis Mynott, Fallon Willis-Wright,
Lovedeep Singh, Sian McLachlan, Chloe Thorpe, Sophie Davies, Lauren Freeman, Ellie Beed, Paige Martin, Emma Coote, Ellie Smith, Megan Howorth,Lucy Boughton, Cerys Curtis.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?