Greneway lead the way at swimming championships
GRENEWAY enjoyed a successful evening at the recent North Herts Schools’ Swimming Championships held in Hitchin.
Greneway won gold in the Year 7/8 boys and girls combined team championship with some superb individual and team swims. Meridian School also won an impressive silver in the intermediate boys competition.
Individually, Greneway and Meridian collected one individual gold apiece, four silvers, four bronze and many other top six final finishes.
There were many other impressive swims from the Greneway and Meridian pupils, three new school records and many with new PBs and some in their first championship while Tom Harrington won the 25m Butterly.
A special mention should go to Alice Hully who swam in her final district championships having swum in every one since Year 7.
You may also want to watch:
Once again Greneway teamed up with Meridian to be on of the best mixed schools overall.The successes once again showed the importance of the partnership between the schools and Royston Swimming Club, with most of the swimmers representing both.
Meanwhile, Greneway’s Year 8 basketball team were crowned league winners last week after beating Hitchin Boys 79-23 in the North Herts Schools’ U13 Premier League.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
The win means Greneway qulaify for the play-off final on March 17.