Greneway lead the way at swimming championships
GRENEWAY enjoyed a successful evening at the recent North Herts Schools’ Swimming Championships held in Hitchin.
Greneway won gold in the Year 7/8 boys and girls combined team championship with some superb individual and team swims. Meridian School also won an impressive silver in the intermediate boys competition.
Individually, Greneway and Meridian collected one individual gold apiece, four silvers, four bronze and many other top six final finishes.
There were many other impressive swims from the Greneway and Meridian pupils, three new school records and many with new PBs and some in their first championship while Tom Harrington won the 25m Butterly.
A special mention should go to Alice Hully who swam in her final district championships having swum in every one since Year 7.
You may also want to watch:
Once again Greneway teamed up with Meridian to be on of the best mixed schools overall.The successes once again showed the importance of the partnership between the schools and Royston Swimming Club, with most of the swimmers representing both.
Meanwhile, Greneway’s Year 8 basketball team were crowned league winners last week after beating Hitchin Boys 79-23 in the North Herts Schools’ U13 Premier League.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
The win means Greneway qulaify for the play-off final on March 17.