Greneway lead the way at swimming championships
GRENEWAY enjoyed a successful evening at the recent North Herts Schools’ Swimming Championships held in Hitchin.
Greneway won gold in the Year 7/8 boys and girls combined team championship with some superb individual and team swims. Meridian School also won an impressive silver in the intermediate boys competition.
Individually, Greneway and Meridian collected one individual gold apiece, four silvers, four bronze and many other top six final finishes.
There were many other impressive swims from the Greneway and Meridian pupils, three new school records and many with new PBs and some in their first championship while Tom Harrington won the 25m Butterly.
A special mention should go to Alice Hully who swam in her final district championships having swum in every one since Year 7.
Once again Greneway teamed up with Meridian to be on of the best mixed schools overall.The successes once again showed the importance of the partnership between the schools and Royston Swimming Club, with most of the swimmers representing both.
Meanwhile, Greneway’s Year 8 basketball team were crowned league winners last week after beating Hitchin Boys 79-23 in the North Herts Schools’ U13 Premier League.
- 1 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 2 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 3 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 6 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 7 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 9 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 10 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
The win means Greneway qulaify for the play-off final on March 17.