Greneway in command in top clash
IT WAS the clash of the unbeaten titans, as Greneway s under-13 basketball squad travelled to Collenswood School in Stevenage for a North Herts Schools Premier League encounter. Coming into the match, both teams boasted an unbeaten record, and with such
IT WAS the clash of the unbeaten titans, as Greneway's under-13 basketball squad travelled to Collenswood School in Stevenage for a North Herts Schools Premier League encounter.
Coming into the match, both teams boasted an unbeaten record, and with such a high standard of play on show something had to give.
In a small, slippery gym, Greneway started impressively with an all-court pressure game that Collenswood had no answer to.
The hosts were in immediate trouble, and found themselves 18-4 down at the end of the first quarter.
You may also want to watch:
In the second period Greneway extended their dominance to build up a 36-14 lead.
The third quarter was much the same, with some superb team moments that saw Greneway well in control.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 Herts libraries service could be transferred to public service mutual
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
And their domination was reflected by their 50-20 lead.
With the end in sight, the Greneway players pushed on and racked up a further 13 points in the final period.
So it was the Royston school that finished top of the basketball heavyweights and not only came home 65-23 winners, but also with their 100 per cent record intact.