Greneway in back-to-back double bid
St Christopher s Under-13 0 Greneway 7 GRENEWAY S Year 8 football team are hoping to be the first side to win back-to-back North Herts Cups – and if their opening game display is anything to go by it could be their year once more. The team was back in a
St Christopher's Under-13 0 Greneway 7
GRENEWAY'S Year 8 football team are hoping to be the first side to win back-to-back North Herts Cups - and if their opening game display is anything to go by it could be their year once more.
The team was back in action with an emphatic 7-0 victory over St Christopher's of Letchworth.
And with a new Champions League system in place, Terry Graves' team were hoping for some early points.
You may also want to watch:
Greneway took the lead after a neat through ball from Mitchell Wooding found Kieran Willis-Wright, who slotted past the advancing goalkeeper.
Greneway made it 2-0 when an Ellis King corner found the head of Matt Brennan. And when his effort was pushed away Ashley Chapman reacted quickest to poke the ball home.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
Willis-Wright grabbed another when he pounced on a loose ball inside the box.
Then he turned provider when his cross was met first time by Jacob Leighton.
At the back, captain Liam Purkiss, Harry Stafford, and Michael Vieira-Roodenburg gave a fine display.
Substitute Jordan Hall's neat goal made it 5-0. Ryan Bowels then added another, with a powerful drive.
Greneway completed the rout, when Hall slid a fine pass into the path of Willis-Wright who completed his hat-trick.
Greneway: Long; Vieira-Roodenburg, Purkiss, Chapman; Stafford, Wooding, King, Brennan, Bowels; Leighton, Willis-Wright; (Subs): McClean, Silverousa, Hall, Middlemass.