Greneway impress in derby
GRENEWAY School s Year 8 team met Roysia School in a North Herts Cup group match and eased home 8-1. Matt Brennan and Ellis King controlled the middle of the park and created early opportunities for Ryan Bowles and Jacob Leighton out wide. But with the i
GRENEWAY School's Year 8 team met Roysia School in a North Herts Cup group match and eased home 8-1.
Matt Brennan and Ellis King controlled the middle of the park and created early opportunities for Ryan Bowles and Jacob Leighton out wide.
But with the impressive Harry Bracewell in the Roysia goal, Greneway's attacking threat was kept to a minimum.
However, they made a breakthrough after 20 minutes when Kieran Willis-Wright shot into the path of King who smashed the ball into an unguarded net.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts then added a second when Willis-Wright finished with a neat strike.
King then added his second of the game with a long-range effort.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 10 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
Willis-Wright then nabbed his brace with another smart finish, lifting the ball over the stranded Bracewell.
After the break Substitute Sam Cooper made an immediate impression when his powerful cross was met by a sweet volley from Bowles.
King then completed his hat-trick with Greneway's sixth and then grabbed his fourth with a top corner strike.
Jordan Hall entered the action and he too made an impression when he notched his side's eighth goal of the game with a tidy close range finish.
To Roysia's credit they were still working hard and pulled one back with a smart finish before having another goal disallowed for offside.
Greneway: Long, Vieria-Roodenburg, Purkiss(C), Chapman, Stafford, Seabrook, King, Brennan, Bowels, Leighton, Willis-Wright, McClean, Silverousa, Hall, Middlemass, Wooding, Cooper, Ireland, Mills.
GRENEWAY'S Year 6 teams also enjoyed wins over derby rivals Roysia with the first team winning 9-2.
Goals came from Reece King, Cemal Ramadan, Jordan ampbell, and Stephen Thake.
Greneway and Roysia also played a friendly match, with Greneway coming out on top once more with a 3-0 win.
Ben Reddan impressed in the Greneway goal as did defender Sam Huttlestone.