Greneway girls represent county
THREE of Greneway School’s basketballers starred for the Hertfordshire under-12 girls’ team in the Regional championships.
Christy Stubbs, Leah Parcell and Kelly Newsome were part of the team which competed against Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk. They won all their matches leading to the final where they played Essex. In an epic encounter Hertfordshire led by three points going into the last minute only to lose by two points on the buzzer.
The winners will go onto the Inter-regional matches at Lilleshall in September which is used to select the England under-12 teams for 2010/2011.
Christy Stubbs impressed so much during the tournament that she has been selected for the East England under-12 team.
All three girls are part of the unbeaten North Herts Schools’ under-12 league-winning Greneway team.
You may also want to watch:
Assistant head teacher Terry Graves was delighted the girls had earned the opportunity to play at a high level.
“All three girls are a credit to themselves, Greneway and the county and they deserve this recognition. Playing in such a high quality tournament can only be good for their long-term development.”
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe