Greneway girls represent county
THREE of Greneway School’s basketballers starred for the Hertfordshire under-12 girls’ team in the Regional championships.
Christy Stubbs, Leah Parcell and Kelly Newsome were part of the team which competed against Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk. They won all their matches leading to the final where they played Essex. In an epic encounter Hertfordshire led by three points going into the last minute only to lose by two points on the buzzer.
The winners will go onto the Inter-regional matches at Lilleshall in September which is used to select the England under-12 teams for 2010/2011.
Christy Stubbs impressed so much during the tournament that she has been selected for the East England under-12 team.
All three girls are part of the unbeaten North Herts Schools’ under-12 league-winning Greneway team.
Assistant head teacher Terry Graves was delighted the girls had earned the opportunity to play at a high level.
“All three girls are a credit to themselves, Greneway and the county and they deserve this recognition. Playing in such a high quality tournament can only be good for their long-term development.”
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 4 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 5 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 6 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 7 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 8 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 9 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge