Greneway girls represent county
THREE of Greneway School’s basketballers starred for the Hertfordshire under-12 girls’ team in the Regional championships.
Christy Stubbs, Leah Parcell and Kelly Newsome were part of the team which competed against Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk. They won all their matches leading to the final where they played Essex. In an epic encounter Hertfordshire led by three points going into the last minute only to lose by two points on the buzzer.
The winners will go onto the Inter-regional matches at Lilleshall in September which is used to select the England under-12 teams for 2010/2011.
Christy Stubbs impressed so much during the tournament that she has been selected for the East England under-12 team.
All three girls are part of the unbeaten North Herts Schools’ under-12 league-winning Greneway team.
You may also want to watch:
Assistant head teacher Terry Graves was delighted the girls had earned the opportunity to play at a high level.
“All three girls are a credit to themselves, Greneway and the county and they deserve this recognition. Playing in such a high quality tournament can only be good for their long-term development.”
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?