Greneway girls in football triumph
GRENEWAY School have won the North East Herts Schools Sports Partnership Girls under-13s Football Tournament. Greneway hosted the third annual tournament which included Roysia and Edwinstree. All three teams contested in 30-minute, 11-a-side matches, a
GRENEWAY School have won the North East Herts' Schools' Sports Partnership Girls under-13s Football Tournament.
Greneway hosted the third annual tournament which included Roysia and Edwinstree.
All three teams contested in 30-minute, 11-a-side matches, and Greneway started off as they meant to go on with a 1-0 victory over Edwinstree thanks to skipper Ellen Annetts' strike.
They then went on to beat Roysia 4-0 courtesy of a brace from Sinead Thrussell and another from Annetts before Rhiannon McCarthy sealed matters with a penalty in the last minute after Alisicia Mynott was fouled.
You may also want to watch:
Edwinstree finished runner-up after beating Roysia in the final match of the tournament, but Greneway, who didn't even concede a goal, were by far the better team on the day.
All the matches were well-supported and played with great sportsmanship throughout.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
The players were a credit to their respective schools and made it a day worth while for all those involved.