Greneway girls in football triumph
GRENEWAY School have won the North East Herts Schools Sports Partnership Girls under-13s Football Tournament. Greneway hosted the third annual tournament which included Roysia and Edwinstree. All three teams contested in 30-minute, 11-a-side matches, a
GRENEWAY School have won the North East Herts' Schools' Sports Partnership Girls under-13s Football Tournament.
Greneway hosted the third annual tournament which included Roysia and Edwinstree.
All three teams contested in 30-minute, 11-a-side matches, and Greneway started off as they meant to go on with a 1-0 victory over Edwinstree thanks to skipper Ellen Annetts' strike.
They then went on to beat Roysia 4-0 courtesy of a brace from Sinead Thrussell and another from Annetts before Rhiannon McCarthy sealed matters with a penalty in the last minute after Alisicia Mynott was fouled.
You may also want to watch:
Edwinstree finished runner-up after beating Roysia in the final match of the tournament, but Greneway, who didn't even concede a goal, were by far the better team on the day.
All the matches were well-supported and played with great sportsmanship throughout.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 7 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 8 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
The players were a credit to their respective schools and made it a day worth while for all those involved.