Greneway girls in football triumph
GRENEWAY School have won the North East Herts Schools Sports Partnership Girls under-13s Football Tournament. Greneway hosted the third annual tournament which included Roysia and Edwinstree. All three teams contested in 30-minute, 11-a-side matches, a
GRENEWAY School have won the North East Herts' Schools' Sports Partnership Girls under-13s Football Tournament.
Greneway hosted the third annual tournament which included Roysia and Edwinstree.
All three teams contested in 30-minute, 11-a-side matches, and Greneway started off as they meant to go on with a 1-0 victory over Edwinstree thanks to skipper Ellen Annetts' strike.
They then went on to beat Roysia 4-0 courtesy of a brace from Sinead Thrussell and another from Annetts before Rhiannon McCarthy sealed matters with a penalty in the last minute after Alisicia Mynott was fouled.
Edwinstree finished runner-up after beating Roysia in the final match of the tournament, but Greneway, who didn't even concede a goal, were by far the better team on the day.
All the matches were well-supported and played with great sportsmanship throughout.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 5 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 6 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 7 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 9 Partygate is a kick in the teeth for South Cambs residents, says Lib Dem candidate
- 10 Town pays tribute to 'Mr Royston' who made huge contribution to community
The players were a credit to their respective schools and made it a day worth while for all those involved.