Greneway get season underway
GRENEWAY School’s new Year 5/6 football squad travelled to Letchworth’s St Christopher School last week for a seven-a-side double header.
Greneway were divided into two teams – red and whites – and it was the red team who were in action first against the hosts. There were plenty of chances that went begging but good work by captain Jack Davies allowed Louis Harwood to score the winning goal.
The next match saw the two Greneway sides face each other and it was the ‘reds’ who came out on top with goals from Daniel Baulk and Adam Taylor.
The ‘Whites’ had a chance to bounce back in their next match against the hosts. Taylor grabbed his second of the afternoon to break the deadlock with a brave finish before Baulk scored a second. Euan Rees and Blair strikes put the game beyond St Christopher as the match ended 4-0.
Coach, Terry Graves, commented afterwards: “It was a good first outing and the way the players kept the ball and adapted to the seven-a-side format augurs well for the future. A very pleasing team performance where everyone worked hard for each other, played skilful football and created some excellent goals.”
You may also want to watch:
Greneway: Green, Judge, Wilkerson, Harward, Fage, Davis (Red captain), Clarke, Brown, Rees, Wood, Blair, Baulk, Taylor (White captain), Edey.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 4 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside