Greneway extend record
Greneway under-13s 63 Heathcote 24 GRENEWAY S Year 8 basketball team extended their 100 per cent league record with another entertaining win – this time seeing off Heathcote by 39 points. From the tip-off, the hosts were on their game and caused Heathco
Greneway under-13s 63
GRENEWAY'S Year 8 basketball team extended their 100 per cent league record with another entertaining win - this time seeing off Heathcote by 39 points.
From the tip-off, the hosts were on their game and caused Heathcote problems all over the court.
You may also want to watch:
After converting much of the turnover ball into points, the second quarter saw another period of domination for the Royston school, although the passing game they have become renowned for was sporadic at best.
However, in the third quarter, Greneway began to get their passing game back and as a result the visitors struggled to get to grips. And while the Greneway offence chalked up the points, the defence did not allow Heathcote a single point.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 8 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
The last period was more relaxed for Greneway, although they did turn on the style for the final 30 seconds with a display of powerful attacking basketball.
Coach Terry Graves said: "It was another good team performance and excellent debuts for Connor Long and Luke Ireland - which once again highlights Greneway's strength and depth."
Sam Tobiss and Jamie Seabrook led the way in taking the points for Greneway with 19 and 13 points respectively, while Luke Ireland, Seabrook and Ryan Bowles dominated the rebounds.