Greneway extend record
Greneway under-13s 63 Heathcote 24 GRENEWAY S Year 8 basketball team extended their 100 per cent league record with another entertaining win – this time seeing off Heathcote by 39 points. From the tip-off, the hosts were on their game and caused Heathco
Greneway under-13s 63
GRENEWAY'S Year 8 basketball team extended their 100 per cent league record with another entertaining win - this time seeing off Heathcote by 39 points.
From the tip-off, the hosts were on their game and caused Heathcote problems all over the court.
You may also want to watch:
After converting much of the turnover ball into points, the second quarter saw another period of domination for the Royston school, although the passing game they have become renowned for was sporadic at best.
However, in the third quarter, Greneway began to get their passing game back and as a result the visitors struggled to get to grips. And while the Greneway offence chalked up the points, the defence did not allow Heathcote a single point.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
The last period was more relaxed for Greneway, although they did turn on the style for the final 30 seconds with a display of powerful attacking basketball.
Coach Terry Graves said: "It was another good team performance and excellent debuts for Connor Long and Luke Ireland - which once again highlights Greneway's strength and depth."
Sam Tobiss and Jamie Seabrook led the way in taking the points for Greneway with 19 and 13 points respectively, while Luke Ireland, Seabrook and Ryan Bowles dominated the rebounds.