Greneway do themselves proud in finals
GRENEWAY School had two teams who impressed at their respective U13 Table Tennis County Finals recently.
Firstly, the girls’ team travelled to Marlborough School in Hemel Hempstead where they met the best teams in Hertfordshire. They won their group convincingly before eventually going out to Presdales in an epic semi-final.
The team regrouped, though, and fought back to win in the third placed play-off against Marlborough School to win the County Bronze.
Meanwhile, the boy’s team played at Hitchin Boys School and played some of the best table tennis of their lives. In another high quality event they finished fifth out of twelve teams. This meant that Greneway had the best combined places total for mixed schools in the whole of Hertfordshire.
Greneway coach, Rob Dowler, said the performance of both teams was something to be proud of. He said: “Both teams really stepped up to the mark and showed how good table tennis now is in North East Herts.”
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Greneway assistant head teacher, Terry Graves, again cited the players’ excellent team ethic for their achievements.
He said: “Excellence, determination, courage and friendship were to the fore with this players as they worked so hard for the team.”
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
Girls: Sam Chapman, Christy Stubbs, Frankie Hall, Anna Worsey,
Boys: Callum Pinner, Ed Atkins, Robbie Ponting, Ryan Judge.