Greneway do themselves proud in finals
GRENEWAY School had two teams who impressed at their respective U13 Table Tennis County Finals recently.
Firstly, the girls’ team travelled to Marlborough School in Hemel Hempstead where they met the best teams in Hertfordshire. They won their group convincingly before eventually going out to Presdales in an epic semi-final.
The team regrouped, though, and fought back to win in the third placed play-off against Marlborough School to win the County Bronze.
Meanwhile, the boy’s team played at Hitchin Boys School and played some of the best table tennis of their lives. In another high quality event they finished fifth out of twelve teams. This meant that Greneway had the best combined places total for mixed schools in the whole of Hertfordshire.
Greneway coach, Rob Dowler, said the performance of both teams was something to be proud of. He said: “Both teams really stepped up to the mark and showed how good table tennis now is in North East Herts.”
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Greneway assistant head teacher, Terry Graves, again cited the players’ excellent team ethic for their achievements.
He said: “Excellence, determination, courage and friendship were to the fore with this players as they worked so hard for the team.”
- 1 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 6 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 7 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
Girls: Sam Chapman, Christy Stubbs, Frankie Hall, Anna Worsey,
Boys: Callum Pinner, Ed Atkins, Robbie Ponting, Ryan Judge.