Greneway continue progress at North Herts Schools’ League event
GRENEWAY School’s Year 7 and 8 athletes competed in their respective second North Herts Schools’ League meet recently with some more excellent individual and team performances at Ridlings Stadium, Stevenage.
The pick of the night was another new Year 8 boys’ long jump record for Justin Leavers – beating the last one which had stood since 1996.
Many other athletes established new and improved personal bests (PB) and some moved onto, and or higher up, in the Schools’ All-Time List.
The Year 7s were participating in their second competitive experience of the season, and many for the first time at an athletics stadium, ensuring a very successful evening. They achieved an impressive 13 first place finishes while the Year 8s went even better with 32, including the first ever athletics league clean sweep after winning every event (A+B Strings).
Overall it was a great second meet which will need to be built upon in the last North Herts Schools’ League event on July 6.
You may also want to watch:
Greneway assistant head teacher, Terry Graves, was full of praise for his pupils’ achievements and said: “The athletes represented Greneway with pride again and showed the quality that Royston has in abundance. As for the clean sweep and the two school records, superlatives escape me.”
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms