Greneway continue progress at North Herts Schools’ League event
GRENEWAY School’s Year 7 and 8 athletes competed in their respective second North Herts Schools’ League meet recently with some more excellent individual and team performances at Ridlings Stadium, Stevenage.
The pick of the night was another new Year 8 boys’ long jump record for Justin Leavers – beating the last one which had stood since 1996.
Many other athletes established new and improved personal bests (PB) and some moved onto, and or higher up, in the Schools’ All-Time List.
The Year 7s were participating in their second competitive experience of the season, and many for the first time at an athletics stadium, ensuring a very successful evening. They achieved an impressive 13 first place finishes while the Year 8s went even better with 32, including the first ever athletics league clean sweep after winning every event (A+B Strings).
Overall it was a great second meet which will need to be built upon in the last North Herts Schools’ League event on July 6.
Greneway assistant head teacher, Terry Graves, was full of praise for his pupils’ achievements and said: “The athletes represented Greneway with pride again and showed the quality that Royston has in abundance. As for the clean sweep and the two school records, superlatives escape me.”
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 4 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 5 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge