Greneway celebrate basketball success
- Credit: Archant
Five Greneway School basketball players represented Hertfordshire at the Eastern Region Schools’ U11 and U13 Basketball Inter-county finals.
All the players had been training hard with their squad in readiness for an event that showcased all the best players in the country representing their own counties.
Tom Finch starred for the U13 boys’ team who won the Inter-Counties title for the first time in five years by defeating holders Essex 32-28 in the final to clinch gold.
Rory McAuliffe helped the U11 team to a superb team bronze medal, though they narrowly missed out on gold against Essex.
Charlotte Holte, Madison Lawrence and Elle Sarter represented the U11 girls’ team and also played well to finish third.
You may also want to watch:
As an added bonus, Elle was also selected to train with the Eastern Regional U11 squad throughout May before the National finals in June.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash