Greneway celebrate basketball success
- Credit: Archant
Five Greneway School basketball players represented Hertfordshire at the Eastern Region Schools’ U11 and U13 Basketball Inter-county finals.
All the players had been training hard with their squad in readiness for an event that showcased all the best players in the country representing their own counties.
Tom Finch starred for the U13 boys’ team who won the Inter-Counties title for the first time in five years by defeating holders Essex 32-28 in the final to clinch gold.
Rory McAuliffe helped the U11 team to a superb team bronze medal, though they narrowly missed out on gold against Essex.
Charlotte Holte, Madison Lawrence and Elle Sarter represented the U11 girls’ team and also played well to finish third.
As an added bonus, Elle was also selected to train with the Eastern Regional U11 squad throughout May before the National finals in June.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 4 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 5 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 8 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 9 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 10 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party