Greneway celebrate basketball success
- Credit: Archant
Five Greneway School basketball players represented Hertfordshire at the Eastern Region Schools’ U11 and U13 Basketball Inter-county finals.
All the players had been training hard with their squad in readiness for an event that showcased all the best players in the country representing their own counties.
Tom Finch starred for the U13 boys’ team who won the Inter-Counties title for the first time in five years by defeating holders Essex 32-28 in the final to clinch gold.
Rory McAuliffe helped the U11 team to a superb team bronze medal, though they narrowly missed out on gold against Essex.
Charlotte Holte, Madison Lawrence and Elle Sarter represented the U11 girls’ team and also played well to finish third.
You may also want to watch:
As an added bonus, Elle was also selected to train with the Eastern Regional U11 squad throughout May before the National finals in June.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 4 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge