Greneway athletics triumph
GRENEWAY S Year Five and Six Sportshall Athletics have won the Hertfordshire Primary Schools Sportshall Athletics trophy. The young team travelled to Wodson Park, Ware for the indoor event and came up against tough opposition in Harpenden s Crabtree Sch
GRENEWAY'S Year Five and Six Sportshall Athletics have won the Hertfordshire Primary Schools' Sportshall Athletics trophy.
The young team travelled to Wodson Park, Ware for the indoor event and came up against tough opposition in Harpenden's Crabtree School and St. Albans' Wheatfields School.
The athletes contested events that included standing triple jump, standing long jump, vertical jump, indoor javelin, speed bounce, as well as several running events with turning boards.
In an exciting and high quality event, Greneway won the team gold competition which once again highlights Greneway's quality as athletes with their sixth championship in four years.
You may also want to watch:
They finished with 498 points ahead of Crabtree in second with 478 followed by Wheatfields with 412.
And significantly, this was the school's first county championship victory in this sport.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
Assistant Head Teacher, Terry Graves, said the success goes down as one of the most remarkable in the school's history.
He said: "These young athletes have made Greneway sporting history today and this will live with them forever - an outstanding team achievement which caps off a fantastic season."
Team: Houghton, Sandford, E. Shannon, Thomas, Simons, Edwards, Seabrook, Barnes, Morgan, Willis-Wright, Racher, Kaba, Howorth, Sames, R. Shannon, Hector, Edey, Freeman, Huttlestone, Laughlin.