Greneway athletes in fine form
GRENEWAY S powerful Year 7 and 8 athletes opened their accounts in the respective North Herts Schools Leagues with some excellent individual and team performances. Many athletes established new and improved personal best, and the Year 7s in their first
GRENEWAY'S powerful Year 7 and 8 athletes opened their accounts in the respective North Herts Schools' Leagues with some excellent individual and team performances.
Many athletes established new and improved personal best, and the Year 7s in their first competitive experience of the season, ensuring a very successful evening.
It proved to be ideal preparation for the North Herts Schools' Championships on June 21.
Year 7 boys Jack Beck, A Armstong, J Tillmouth, N Addison, Toby Flynn and J Smith all finished first in their respective events, and the same age group saw victories for H Lucken, K Smith, E Lane, E Eramus, B Boulton, S Horner and R Robinson in the girls' events.
You may also want to watch:
In the Year 8 events, Ryan Ingrey, C Roach, W Dacey, S Archibale, F Hyde B Coles, S Geddes and B Jackson all won in the boys' section, and there was also success in the 4x100m relay.
The girls' relay team also took gold, with H Faulkner, S Jones, A Blows, B Davies and K Linwood winning in the individual events.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
- Meridian pupil Cameron Webb won the 200m at the Herts Schools' championships last week. The Year 10 pupil set a new county record time of 22.03 seconds, and has been put forward for selection for the Hertfordshire team to compete in the English Schools' championship.