Greneway athletes in fine form
GRENEWAY S powerful Year 7 and 8 athletes opened their accounts in the respective North Herts Schools Leagues with some excellent individual and team performances. Many athletes established new and improved personal best, and the Year 7s in their first
GRENEWAY'S powerful Year 7 and 8 athletes opened their accounts in the respective North Herts Schools' Leagues with some excellent individual and team performances.
Many athletes established new and improved personal best, and the Year 7s in their first competitive experience of the season, ensuring a very successful evening.
It proved to be ideal preparation for the North Herts Schools' Championships on June 21.
Year 7 boys Jack Beck, A Armstong, J Tillmouth, N Addison, Toby Flynn and J Smith all finished first in their respective events, and the same age group saw victories for H Lucken, K Smith, E Lane, E Eramus, B Boulton, S Horner and R Robinson in the girls' events.
In the Year 8 events, Ryan Ingrey, C Roach, W Dacey, S Archibale, F Hyde B Coles, S Geddes and B Jackson all won in the boys' section, and there was also success in the 4x100m relay.
The girls' relay team also took gold, with H Faulkner, S Jones, A Blows, B Davies and K Linwood winning in the individual events.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 6 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 9 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 10 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- Meridian pupil Cameron Webb won the 200m at the Herts Schools' championships last week. The Year 10 pupil set a new county record time of 22.03 seconds, and has been put forward for selection for the Hertfordshire team to compete in the English Schools' championship.