Greneway athletes crowned 2010 Youth Team of the Year
GRENEWAY’S Year 7 and 8 athletics team were crowned 2010 Youth Team of the Year at the Comet Sports Awards on Monday night.
They beat off stiff competition from Wymondley Park Firesharks Football Club and Hitchin Rugby Club U17s after an unprecedented year of success across a whole host of track & field events in the North Herts Schools’ District League and championships.
The athletes were exceptional in their devotion, commitment and talent towards the team cause. The team spirit was epitomised with other schools commenting on not only the athletic ability, but also the fantastic teamwork.
The team constantly strive to adhere to the core Olympic and Paralympic values: showing excellence, equality, determination, respect for each other, their opponents and the officials, developing strong friendships, showing courage and inspiring each other to achieve.
These achievements are highly commendable in any team but are made even more remarkable considering they are a small school (only 415 pupils in total, 203 in Year 7 and 8) competing against many strong schools of twice or three times their size.
You may also want to watch:
Awards photo Back (L-R): Rob Dowler, Cemal Ramadan, Gus Rees, Justin Leavers, Leah Parcell, Judith Balsom, Terry Graves.
Front(L-R): Sophie Shannon, Matt Moore
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 10 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day