Greens edge Cougars
Royston Celtic U12 Greens 1 Buntingford Cougars 0 CELTIC Greens were keen to revenge their recent defeat by the visitors and this was reflected in the way they tore into the match and put pressure on the opposition from the outset. The home side dominat
Royston Celtic U12 Greens 1 Buntingford Cougars 0
CELTIC Greens were keen to revenge their recent defeat by the visitors and this was reflected in the way they tore into the match and put pressure on the opposition from the outset.
The home side dominated the first half and made several chances, though were rather lucky not to fall behind when the visitors hit the post in what turned out to be their only on target shot in the whole match.
However, Tom McGee scored in the last minute of the first half with a well-taken lob to give Celtic some reward for all their efforts.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half with the wind behind their backs the visitors made more of a game of it but made little progress against the determination and hard work of all the home side players.
Apart from a couple of free kicks in a dangerous position which were sent wide the Cougars could not penetrate the Celtic defence and the home side made a number of chances of their own and had more than an equal share of play to justify a well-deserved victory.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event