Greens edge Cougars
Royston Celtic U12 Greens 1 Buntingford Cougars 0 CELTIC Greens were keen to revenge their recent defeat by the visitors and this was reflected in the way they tore into the match and put pressure on the opposition from the outset. The home side dominat
Royston Celtic U12 Greens 1 Buntingford Cougars 0
CELTIC Greens were keen to revenge their recent defeat by the visitors and this was reflected in the way they tore into the match and put pressure on the opposition from the outset.
The home side dominated the first half and made several chances, though were rather lucky not to fall behind when the visitors hit the post in what turned out to be their only on target shot in the whole match.
However, Tom McGee scored in the last minute of the first half with a well-taken lob to give Celtic some reward for all their efforts.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half with the wind behind their backs the visitors made more of a game of it but made little progress against the determination and hard work of all the home side players.
Apart from a couple of free kicks in a dangerous position which were sent wide the Cougars could not penetrate the Celtic defence and the home side made a number of chances of their own and had more than an equal share of play to justify a well-deserved victory.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 3 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 4 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 5 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
- 6 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 7 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 8 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 9 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 10 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters