Great Chishill notch seven
GREAT Chishill celebrated their first win since November against bottom side Comberton on Saturday. Knowing nothing less than a victory would do, the hosts started strongly and went ahead after two minutes when Lee Smith struck his first goal for the cl
GREAT Chishill celebrated their first win since November against bottom side Comberton on Saturday.
Knowing nothing less than a victory would do, the hosts started strongly and went ahead after two minutes when Lee Smith struck his first goal for the club after the visitors failed to clear a corner. James Bennett put Gareth Edey through to round the 'keeper and add a second, before Smith's low cross was turned in by a defender to make it three goals in the first 30 minutes.
Chishill totally dominated the first half and took a four-goal lead into half-time after Gary Radford slotted home a penalty.
Comberton's response came soon after the break with an excellent volley from a free-kick, but within minutes Chishill hit back when Dan Hicks set up fellow substitute Andy Reynolds who scored his first goal for Chishill.
You may also want to watch:
Their third substitute, Tom Hodge, was involved in the sixth goal as he worked space in the area before Radford found the corner with his second of the game.
Reynolds completed the rout with a well taken volley from the edge of the box which seasled a good day's work for Chishill.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 10 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment