Great Chishill finished on a high
Great Chishill I 136-9 Saffron Walden III 132 Great Chisill won by one wicket GREAT Chishill finished on a winning note in Senior Division Three but it was a close call as the hosts inched home by just one wicket. The heroes were veteran wicket-keeper and
Great Chishill I 136-9
Saffron Walden III 132
Great Chisill won by one wicket
GREAT Chishill finished on a winning note in Senior Division Three but it was a close call as the hosts inched home by just one wicket.
The heroes were veteran wicket-keeper and number eleven Adrian Drury and his young partner Ed Whyte who put together a stand of 24 for the last wicket to take their team to 136-9 and victory.
Chris Allen had earlier hit a vital 42 but at 112-9 it seemed as though all hope was lost.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 3 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 4 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 5 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 6 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 7 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 10 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
Tom Picton-Turbervill's leg spin had once again bamboozled the opposition as he took 3-40 to help dismiss Saffron Walden III for 132, a total that so nearly proved adequate for the visitors.
CHISHILL'S second XI recorded a win over Saffron Walden IV to move into a solid mid-table position in Division 4C.
Max Liddell's off spin claimed 3-27 to restrict the home side to 138-7.
Mike Harris then slotted comfortably into the opener's slot with a polished 63 and Joe Zygmunt made it a good day for Chishill's more experienced players with 22 to steer his team to a seven-wicket victory.