Great Chishill finished on a high
Great Chishill I 136-9 Saffron Walden III 132 Great Chisill won by one wicket GREAT Chishill finished on a winning note in Senior Division Three but it was a close call as the hosts inched home by just one wicket. The heroes were veteran wicket-keeper and
Great Chishill I 136-9
Saffron Walden III 132
Great Chisill won by one wicket
GREAT Chishill finished on a winning note in Senior Division Three but it was a close call as the hosts inched home by just one wicket.
The heroes were veteran wicket-keeper and number eleven Adrian Drury and his young partner Ed Whyte who put together a stand of 24 for the last wicket to take their team to 136-9 and victory.
Chris Allen had earlier hit a vital 42 but at 112-9 it seemed as though all hope was lost.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 4 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 5 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 6 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 7 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge
- 10 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
Tom Picton-Turbervill's leg spin had once again bamboozled the opposition as he took 3-40 to help dismiss Saffron Walden III for 132, a total that so nearly proved adequate for the visitors.
CHISHILL'S second XI recorded a win over Saffron Walden IV to move into a solid mid-table position in Division 4C.
Max Liddell's off spin claimed 3-27 to restrict the home side to 138-7.
Mike Harris then slotted comfortably into the opener's slot with a polished 63 and Joe Zygmunt made it a good day for Chishill's more experienced players with 22 to steer his team to a seven-wicket victory.