Great Chishill finished on a high
Great Chishill I 136-9 Saffron Walden III 132 Great Chisill won by one wicket GREAT Chishill finished on a winning note in Senior Division Three but it was a close call as the hosts inched home by just one wicket. The heroes were veteran wicket-keeper and
Great Chishill I 136-9
Saffron Walden III 132
Great Chisill won by one wicket
GREAT Chishill finished on a winning note in Senior Division Three but it was a close call as the hosts inched home by just one wicket.
You may also want to watch:
The heroes were veteran wicket-keeper and number eleven Adrian Drury and his young partner Ed Whyte who put together a stand of 24 for the last wicket to take their team to 136-9 and victory.
Chris Allen had earlier hit a vital 42 but at 112-9 it seemed as though all hope was lost.
- 1 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
Tom Picton-Turbervill's leg spin had once again bamboozled the opposition as he took 3-40 to help dismiss Saffron Walden III for 132, a total that so nearly proved adequate for the visitors.
CHISHILL'S second XI recorded a win over Saffron Walden IV to move into a solid mid-table position in Division 4C.
Max Liddell's off spin claimed 3-27 to restrict the home side to 138-7.
Mike Harris then slotted comfortably into the opener's slot with a polished 63 and Joe Zygmunt made it a good day for Chishill's more experienced players with 22 to steer his team to a seven-wicket victory.