Great Chishill 3-1 Whittlesford Reserves
CHISHILL finished their league campaign in impressive fashion with a convincing win against second placed Whittlesford. It was the visitors who were on top for the first 20 minutes, and they were unlucky not to go ahead when they hit the post with a pow
CHISHILL finished their league campaign in impressive fashion with a convincing win against second placed Whittlesford.
It was the visitors who were on top for the first 20 minutes, and they were unlucky not to go ahead when they hit the post with a powerful header.
But when Gary Radford tucked away a rebound to put his side in front, Chishill's confidence grew and they gradually took control of the game and snubbed out Whittlesford's attacks efficiently.
The game was secured 10 minutes after the break. Lee Smith finished off a fine solo run with a low drive into the bottom corner from 20 yards, before Gary Radford scored his second, beating the 'keeper to the ball and lobbing into an empty net.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors could offer little in response, thanks to a fine defensive display by Chishill, with reserve defender Dan Hicks enjoying a good game in central defence with James Bennett. Whittlesford grabbed a consolation in the last five minutes but it was too little too late.
Chishill's victory guarantees them their first top-half finish in Division 2A since their promotion in 2007.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 10 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
Knight; R Drury, Bennett, Hicks, Bramwell; Jackson, E Drury, Smith, J Drury, Reynolds; Radford
Subs: T Hodge, J Hodge, Miller