Grants boost for father and daughter
TALENTED athletes and coaches have been awarded grants totalling £5,000 by North Herts District Council. Those awarded include Royston father and daughter, Michael and Louise Shortland, as well as county level cricket and badminton players and a regional
TALENTED athletes and coaches have been awarded grants totalling £5,000 by North Herts District Council.
Those awarded include Royston father and daughter, Michael and Louise Shortland, as well as county level cricket and badminton players and a regional swimmer.
The grants are administered twice a year through the Sport North Herts Community Sports Network.
Michael will use his funds to undertake his level three athletics coaching badge, while Louise, who is a national standard pole vaulter, will use hers to help further her promising career.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman of Sport North Herts Ken Charles said: "We admire the enormous commitment and effort that our most able young performers have undertaken.
"The Sport North Herts grant is intended to encourage and respect their achievements."
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
Cllr Tricia Gibbs, NHDC Portfolio Holder and responsible for grants added: "The Council is very pleased to be supporting our talented athletes and coaches and we look forward to toasting an Olympic champion in future years."
The next round of sports grants opens in November.
More information can be obtained from the Children's Services Team at NHDC on 01462 474000.