Grants boost for father and daughter
TALENTED athletes and coaches have been awarded grants totalling £5,000 by North Herts District Council. Those awarded include Royston father and daughter, Michael and Louise Shortland, as well as county level cricket and badminton players and a regional
TALENTED athletes and coaches have been awarded grants totalling £5,000 by North Herts District Council.
Those awarded include Royston father and daughter, Michael and Louise Shortland, as well as county level cricket and badminton players and a regional swimmer.
The grants are administered twice a year through the Sport North Herts Community Sports Network.
Michael will use his funds to undertake his level three athletics coaching badge, while Louise, who is a national standard pole vaulter, will use hers to help further her promising career.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman of Sport North Herts Ken Charles said: "We admire the enormous commitment and effort that our most able young performers have undertaken.
"The Sport North Herts grant is intended to encourage and respect their achievements."
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
Cllr Tricia Gibbs, NHDC Portfolio Holder and responsible for grants added: "The Council is very pleased to be supporting our talented athletes and coaches and we look forward to toasting an Olympic champion in future years."
The next round of sports grants opens in November.
More information can be obtained from the Children's Services Team at NHDC on 01462 474000.