Graham gets sorted out Handscombe
Graham Handscombe crowned Heydon Masters champion
GRAHAM Handscombe was crowned Heydon Masters champion on Sunday.
He won the event, which was played over two days and 36 holes by Division One handicap players, after an exciting play-off against Dave Watts who had also returned a score of 140.
Meanwhile the Three Counties Plate was contested between Division Two players over the 27 holes of the Essex, Cambs and Herts courses. Russ Morgan came out on top with 40 points, just ahead of Martin Lane who was runner-up.
Heydon Grange also held its Spitfire Trophy competition, which is held each year around Battle of Britain Day to remember those pilots who flew from local airfields. This year, appropriately, the event took part on the same day as Duxford celebrated the 75th anniversary of the Spitfire.
You may also want to watch:
Drawn pairs took part in the Greensomes format over 18 holes. This year’s winners were John Rodham and Sean White with a very creditable 42 stableford points. Runners-up on 41 points were Trevor Clifton and Mark Lewis. They were presented with the Spitfire Salver, a bottle of Spitfire beer and a picture of a Spitfire.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims