Graham gets sorted out Handscombe
Graham Handscombe crowned Heydon Masters champion
GRAHAM Handscombe was crowned Heydon Masters champion on Sunday.
He won the event, which was played over two days and 36 holes by Division One handicap players, after an exciting play-off against Dave Watts who had also returned a score of 140.
Meanwhile the Three Counties Plate was contested between Division Two players over the 27 holes of the Essex, Cambs and Herts courses. Russ Morgan came out on top with 40 points, just ahead of Martin Lane who was runner-up.
Heydon Grange also held its Spitfire Trophy competition, which is held each year around Battle of Britain Day to remember those pilots who flew from local airfields. This year, appropriately, the event took part on the same day as Duxford celebrated the 75th anniversary of the Spitfire.
Drawn pairs took part in the Greensomes format over 18 holes. This year’s winners were John Rodham and Sean White with a very creditable 42 stableford points. Runners-up on 41 points were Trevor Clifton and Mark Lewis. They were presented with the Spitfire Salver, a bottle of Spitfire beer and a picture of a Spitfire.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 8 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'