Graham gets sorted out Handscombe
Graham Handscombe crowned Heydon Masters champion
GRAHAM Handscombe was crowned Heydon Masters champion on Sunday.
He won the event, which was played over two days and 36 holes by Division One handicap players, after an exciting play-off against Dave Watts who had also returned a score of 140.
Meanwhile the Three Counties Plate was contested between Division Two players over the 27 holes of the Essex, Cambs and Herts courses. Russ Morgan came out on top with 40 points, just ahead of Martin Lane who was runner-up.
Heydon Grange also held its Spitfire Trophy competition, which is held each year around Battle of Britain Day to remember those pilots who flew from local airfields. This year, appropriately, the event took part on the same day as Duxford celebrated the 75th anniversary of the Spitfire.
You may also want to watch:
Drawn pairs took part in the Greensomes format over 18 holes. This year’s winners were John Rodham and Sean White with a very creditable 42 stableford points. Runners-up on 41 points were Trevor Clifton and Mark Lewis. They were presented with the Spitfire Salver, a bottle of Spitfire beer and a picture of a Spitfire.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 9 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 10 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance