Gr-eight Royston performance
Royston Town Colts U-12 8 Knebworth Youth 0 ELLIS King scored the first of his four goals within a minute of the kick off as he stole the show in a convincing Royston display. With the wind behind them in the first half Royston bombarded the Knebworth
Royston Town Colts U-12 8 Knebworth Youth 0
ELLIS King scored the first of his four goals within a minute of the kick off as he stole the show in a convincing Royston display.
With the wind behind them in the first half Royston bombarded the Knebworth goal, and King made it 2-0 after a mistake from the keeper, and by the fifth minute he had completed his hat-trick wit a well-taken shot.
Sensing a rout Town pressed forward and a strong run down the left by Will Heslam followed by a fine left footed shot from wide out found the back of the net to keep the score moving.
A long ball from Brennan then found Willis-Wright at pace on the right whose scintillating volley screeched into the top corner only to be disallowed for offside.
Shortly after Town won a corner that was delivered well by King and met by a charging Loius Townsend who headed home to put Colts 5-0 up.
- 1 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 2 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 3 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 4 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 5 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 6 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 7 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 8 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 9 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
- 10 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
The first half scoring was completed as it had started through King when a fine header from Booth put him through and he duly dispatched the ball low and left into the goal.
The second half was a different affair with Town playing into the wind the game was more even and the defence were given a chance to play.
Lewis Hunter was a rock on the left and man of the match Jack Anderson won and delivered possession on the right whenever he was given the chance..
The first score come as Jake Booth broke down the right and fired a thunderbolt which the keeper parried well only to find Jacob Leighton following up to put Colts seven goals to the good.
The final goal of the game came from a Knebworth corner that was well cleared by Townsend collected and run down the left by Garbut who crossed the ball to Leighton , on to Martyn Green who shot hard, low and left past the keeper to wrap up a fine Royston performance.