Gr-eight end to season
AFTER a reasonable summer season which saw both the men s and ladies teams finish mid-table, Royston s mixed team finished the Cambridgeshire Summer Tennis League in the knowledge they will be promoted next year. The last two matches produced a resounding
AFTER a reasonable summer season which saw both the men's and ladies teams finish mid-table, Royston's mixed team finished the Cambridgeshire Summer Tennis League in the knowledge they will be promoted next year.
The last two matches produced a resounding 8-0 away win over Girton II, team members were Christine Knight/Pete Goodbody & Mike Fellingham/Kathy Betts.
The last match at Royston's Meridian courts was between the two league leaders - Royston and Phennards - after a close battle the match ended in a 4-4 draw.
Both teams will be promoted to Division Seven next year. Royston team members were Kathy Betts/Mike Fellingham and Christine Knight/Matt Fellingham.
You may also want to watch:
Royston have entered one men's, one ladies' and two mixed teams for the Cambridgeshire LTA winter league which starts in October.
The mixed first team is hoping to continue last year's success when they won the league and were promoted to Division Two.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange