Goodfellow fifth at London Aquatics Centre
- Credit: Archant
London 2012 venue hosts elite divers this weekend for latest round of FINA/NVC Diving World Series
Daniel Goodfellow finished fifth in the latest round of the FINA/NVC Diving World Series at the London Aquatics Centre.
Having come third with dive partner Matthew Lee in the Men’s 10m Synchro Platform in each of the competition’s two previous dates, in Beijing and Dubai, Goodfellow missed out on a third consecutive medal after finishing 75.27 points shy of Chinese winning divers Aisen Chen and Jian Yang.
However, the 17-year-old from Meldreth and Lee scored a personal best total of 403.86 points for the six rounds, their highest score of the series so far.
There was a brief delay midway through the competition when a rogue fire alarm went off, but once the competition resumed the British pair worked their way up from sixth, where they had been after the first round of dives, to fourth.
You may also want to watch:
That placing came after Goodfellow and Lee had scored 85.14 for their fourth round back 3½ somersault tuck dive – their highest individual score of the series to date.
It left them ahead of Italy and Germany and behind Mexico, Ukraine and China with two dives to go.
- 1 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
However, after scoring just 71.40 points for their fifth dive, a reverse 3½ somersault with tuck, the home-based duo dropped a place behind Germany where they stayed after the final round of diving.
Earlier in the day, Sarah Barrow and Tonia Couch won silver in the women’s 10m Synchro Platform behind China.