Good start to the new swimming year
ROYSTON Swimming club achieved a creditable second place in the first Hertfordshire Swimming League Gala of 2010. Held at Borehamwood on Saturday the gala saw Royston score seven first places and 15 second places as they finished second behind a strong te
ROYSTON Swimming club achieved a creditable second place in the first Hertfordshire Swimming League Gala of 2010.
Held at Borehamwood on Saturday the gala saw Royston score seven first places and 15 second places as they finished second behind a strong team from Welwyn Garden City.
One of the highlights of the evening was the final squadron relay race with the under-12s holding third place at the change, the under-14s pushing into second place followed by strong swims from under-16s Sophie Nottage and Sam Cooper who took Royston into first before they just lost out to Welwyn in the final leg on the touch finish.
Head coach Tricia Dear said: "(I was) delighted by the strong squad (I) was able to enter and was proud of the swimmers' commitment and loyalty to the club.
You may also want to watch:
"The whole team put in really good performances and can be proud of achieving second place'.
There were good performances throughout the team but Dear was particularly pleased by Elizabeth Collins, Hannah Pocock, Sophie Davies, Scott Batchelor and Romario Thomas who were competing in their first major gala.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
Royston now look forward to the next gala at the end of February and a push for promotion to Division Two.