Good results all round for Royston Rockets
THE final round of the East Anglia BMX Region Race Series took place last Sunday at the Burns Road race track at Royston Rockets BMX Club. Will Frascoe took fourth in the seven-and-under class ahead of Callum Barrow (sixth) and Brendan Salmon (seventh) wh
THE final round of the East Anglia BMX Region Race Series took place last Sunday at the Burns Road race track at Royston Rockets BMX Club.
Will Frascoe took fourth in the seven-and-under class ahead of Callum Barrow (sixth) and Brendan Salmon (seventh) while in the girls 8-10 class Faye Godfrey took first.
In the same age group for the boys Freddie Reed was second, Nate Ridgewell third, Benjamin Mansfield fourth, Micheal Aresti fifth and Harrison Jones sixth. Tony Aresti and Gio Tamberola finished in fourth and fifth in the 11-14 class.
In the expert classes, Matt Salmon took fifth in the 30-39 Cruiser class, Danny Ancell was third in the 40-44 class and Carl Birt won the the 45 plus category.
You may also want to watch:
The standard BMX 20in categories started with the six-and-unders class where Royston's Tommy Petchell took second in the B final with Zak Blanche-Dramham third and Charlie Todd sixth.
Alfie Salmon and Louis Foreman took fourth and fifth respectively in the seven-year class and in the girls seven-and-under Ella Tomsett won her first regional event.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
- 10 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
In the male eights James King finished fourth, just ahead of Ted Dalleywater (fifth) and Marmaduke Birt (seventh).
The Rockets took all three podium positions in the year nine class with Ethan Vernon leading home Daniel Blanche and Myles Fisher.
The year 10 class saw Aaron Dalleywater win with Bradan Blanche fifth, whilst in the 11s Matthew Harris was seventh and in the 13s James Handleigh took third.
Aston Blanche won the year 14 category whilst in the 15 year class Andrew Brooker was third, as was Darren Plumb in the 16 year category where Katie Roberts took sixth. In the 19 plus group Richard Townsend was fifth in class A whilst Billy Irwin won the B final ahead of Lee Carrick in second. The Masters class saw Darren Foreman take third but Lee Alexander had to retire early.