Annual trophies played for at both Royston Golf Club and Heydon Grange
- Credit: ROYSTON GC
Royston Golf Club held one of their special annual tournaments with plenty raised for charity, while there was also silverware up for grabs at Heydon Grange.
The Johnson Matthey Mixed Draw Cup was held in conjunction with a lady captain's charity raffle in aid of Garden House Hospice.
The winners of the Trophy were Yvonne Little and Dave Millership and they were presented with their trophy by skippers Sandy Griffin and Darren Ellis.
Carolyn Devaney and Keith Taylor were second with Sue Bidwell and Scott Ballentine in third. The winners of the front nine meanwhile were Graham Toby and Pam Bonnett and back nine were Griffin and Ellis.
The raffle itself was well supported, enabling the club to make "a substantial donation to the charity" while there was thanks also for Johnson Matthey and their "continued support and sponsorship".
Heydon Grange golfers competed for the Lucy and Natalie Godfrey trophies, and 18-hole stableford competition with both a ladies and men’s winner.
Seventeen took part in mixed groups with Anne Peers the successful woman on 38 points, beating Mandy Handscombe into second, while John Black took the men’s trophy with 41 points ahead of Malcolm Knobel-Forbes.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange