Golf: Heydon Grange hail winners
David Tomkins and Kiki Yuen were the big winners as Heydon Grange Golf Club held the Lucy and Natalie Godfrey Trophies on Sunday.
The stableford competition is played over all three courses at the club, with the two to count picked at the end.
Tomkins won the men’s competition with 31 points, while Yuen took the women’s honours with 34.
Meanwhile, Royston Golf Club captain Ray Boddy and president Barry Rouse clearly chose their strongest teams for their annual fixture last Thursday, with high scores the order of the day.
The two sides could not be separated at the end of the stableford competition, with both tallying 362 points, and the match was declared an honourable draw.
You may also want to watch:
For members not involved, a Saturday medal was played and Paul Holden claimed top spot with a nett 63.
Holden was three shots ahead of Steve March, who beat Martin Davidson on countback.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 6 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 7 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 10 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?