Golf: Heydon Grange hail winners
David Tomkins and Kiki Yuen were the big winners as Heydon Grange Golf Club held the Lucy and Natalie Godfrey Trophies on Sunday.
The stableford competition is played over all three courses at the club, with the two to count picked at the end.
Tomkins won the men’s competition with 31 points, while Yuen took the women’s honours with 34.
Meanwhile, Royston Golf Club captain Ray Boddy and president Barry Rouse clearly chose their strongest teams for their annual fixture last Thursday, with high scores the order of the day.
The two sides could not be separated at the end of the stableford competition, with both tallying 362 points, and the match was declared an honourable draw.
You may also want to watch:
For members not involved, a Saturday medal was played and Paul Holden claimed top spot with a nett 63.
Holden was three shots ahead of Steve March, who beat Martin Davidson on countback.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 3 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange