Golf: Heydon Grange hail winners
David Tomkins and Kiki Yuen were the big winners as Heydon Grange Golf Club held the Lucy and Natalie Godfrey Trophies on Sunday.
The stableford competition is played over all three courses at the club, with the two to count picked at the end.
Tomkins won the men’s competition with 31 points, while Yuen took the women’s honours with 34.
Meanwhile, Royston Golf Club captain Ray Boddy and president Barry Rouse clearly chose their strongest teams for their annual fixture last Thursday, with high scores the order of the day.
The two sides could not be separated at the end of the stableford competition, with both tallying 362 points, and the match was declared an honourable draw.
For members not involved, a Saturday medal was played and Paul Holden claimed top spot with a nett 63.
Holden was three shots ahead of Steve March, who beat Martin Davidson on countback.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 7 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 Town pays tribute to 'Mr Royston' who made huge contribution to community
- 10 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure