Going Dutch ! Holland treble sinks Shefford
MICHAEL Holland blasted a hat-trick as the under-14s hammered Shefford Saints 7-0. Holland was on target twice and Liam Harler also netted as Cougars went in at the break 3-0 up, and a Ben Johnson brace, together with strikes from Scott Piggon and Holland
MICHAEL Holland blasted a hat-trick as the under-14s hammered Shefford Saints 7-0.
Holland was on target twice and Liam Harler also netted as Cougars went in at the break 3-0 up, and a Ben Johnson brace, together with strikes from Scott Piggon and Holland's third wrapped up the Crow League points in the second half.
There was a pair of victories for the under-nines as they hosted Pin Green Juniors. Both games saw quality football excellent passing moves and a bag full of goals. In the first game the goals came from Reece Fitzgerald (2), Jack Cain, Charlie Rome, and Adam Froggett.
The second game saw Cougars pile on the pressure again. Charlie Owen bagged the first of the game. A short corner from Owen out to defender Sammy Friend ensured the second, and further goals followed from Thomas Burns, George Woods and Samuel Rice.
You may also want to watch:
The under-12s were unlucky not to share the points with Ashwell in a match that saw some great play from both sides.
Liam Faik opened the scoring followed by an excellent goal from Jonathan Bowell from just past the half way line. Lewis Fitzgerald, Harry Simmonds and Scott Cain were a force to be reckoned with, but it was Ashwell who took the points with a 3-2 win.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 8 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Herts libraries service could be transferred to public service mutual
Three goals from the inform strike partnership sealed the points for the under-13 Whites against Stevenage Tigers in was a much tighter affair than the score line suggested.
Joe Pemberton opened the scoring after just 10 minutes and Cougars looked the stronger in the opening exchanges.
Oliver Lee-Stevens added a second with a brave header challenging the keeper. Just before the break Tigers hit back as Cougars failed to clear from a corner.
After the break the visitors pressed for the equaliser but as they did so, Cougars hit back on the break as Lee-Stevens got his second of the game.
The visitors came close to pulling one back but Michael Hardy was resolute in goal.
A 12-goal thriller at Sawbridgeworth saw Cougars under-15s edged out 7-5.
The home side led 3-0 at half-time but despite playing most the second half with 10 and then nine men due to injury,.
A hat-trick from Jack Clark-Ward, together with a Garreth Davis strike and an own goal gave the visitors some consolation.