Goal 20 as Holt grabs a point for Morden
Harston 1987 1 Steeple Morden 1 BEN HOLT scored his 20th goal of the season as Steeple Morden were held to a draw at old rivals Harston, in this BIS League clash. Despite having several players missing, Steeple started brightly with Max Carlton an
Harston 1987 1 Steeple Morden 1
BEN HOLT scored his 20th goal of the season as Steeple Morden were held to a draw at old rivals Harston, in this BIS League clash.
Despite having several players missing, Steeple started brightly with Max Carlton and Joe Morris pulling the strings.
However, despite neat football from the visitors, Harston took the lead when a forward turned in the box to smash home.
You may also want to watch:
Steeple responded well with Roy Dunsford going close when his skilful run and cutback to Karl Parr was narrowly intercepted.
Morden got back on terms moments later, when Holt took advantage of a defensive mistake to lift the ball over the advancing keeper from 20 yards.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Where the first half encounter had been dominated by passing and clever movement, the second half turned into a scrappy affair.
Jamie Murphy and Morris caused a few problems, but the home defence closed down any attack quickly, although Ben Morris went close after he was set free by a intelligent flick from Holt.
In the dying minutes, Holt could have won the game, when a through ball put him through, only for him to lose his footing.
Steeple will entertain Hempstead United at the Recreation Ground on Saturday.
Steeple Morden Reserves 2 Haslingfield 6
DEPLETED Steeple Morden slipped to their third straight defeat, this time at the hands of a strong Haslingfield side, in their toughest game this season.
After a taking the lead early on, the home side began to struggle with the aerial threat of the opposition.
A Steve Little effort proved to be the lull before the storm, as Haslingfield turned round 4-1 up at the interval.
It was much the same in the second period as Morden failed to keep possession and test the visiting keeper.
Haslingfield soon added a further two goals before Steeple substitutes Paul Hutley and Jack Tidey combined to create an opening for Jason Clark, who calmly added a late consolation.