Glazebrook stars as Lions extend unbeaten run to eight
Under-12 Division Two Hatfield Youth 1 Knebworth Youth Lions 1 THE under-12 Lions seven match winning run came to an end though they battled superbly to gain a 1-1 draw to a strong Hatfield Youth team in atrocious conditions on Sunday. Played with the w
Under-12 Division Two
Hatfield Youth 1 Knebworth Youth Lions 1
THE under-12 Lions' seven match winning run came to an end though they battled superbly to gain a 1-1 draw to a strong Hatfield Youth team in atrocious conditions on Sunday.
Played with the wind in the first half on a sticky pitch Dominic showed the way with intelligent passing as well as battling hard in the centre of midfield.
Kieron Glazebrook made a couple of excellent saves, but his second half performance was simply outstanding as he handled everything that was thrown at him. Played into the teeth of a gale with cold, almost horizontal, rain in his face his handling was faultless.
The Lions took the lead when Dan Hill broke from the halfway line and rounded the 'keeper to finish well.
- 1 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 2 Melbourn's Dan Goodfellow hails 'extra-special' Commonwealth gold
- 3 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 4 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
- 5 Men's health champion receives funding boost from Ashwell Masonic Lodge
- 6 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 7 'Flood the internet' to save waterways in South Cambs
- 8 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 9 Meet Hertfordshire's Birmingham 2022 medal winners
- 10 Residents concerned 140 homes plan could cause 'ecological catastrophe'
Glazebrook was only beaten by a superb finish by the Hatfield forward, but he and his fellow defenders scrapped for everything including an amazing goal mouth scramble but they held on for an excellent point.
The game was played in unbelievably bad conditions and both sides should be congratulated on sticking with it. Daniel Porter had a superb game whilst Harrison, Adam and Ben also battled really well as the Lions made it eight games unbeaten.