Glazebrook stars as Lions extend unbeaten run to eight
Under-12 Division Two Hatfield Youth 1 Knebworth Youth Lions 1 THE under-12 Lions seven match winning run came to an end though they battled superbly to gain a 1-1 draw to a strong Hatfield Youth team in atrocious conditions on Sunday. Played with the w
Under-12 Division Two
Hatfield Youth 1 Knebworth Youth Lions 1
THE under-12 Lions' seven match winning run came to an end though they battled superbly to gain a 1-1 draw to a strong Hatfield Youth team in atrocious conditions on Sunday.
Played with the wind in the first half on a sticky pitch Dominic showed the way with intelligent passing as well as battling hard in the centre of midfield.
You may also want to watch:
Kieron Glazebrook made a couple of excellent saves, but his second half performance was simply outstanding as he handled everything that was thrown at him. Played into the teeth of a gale with cold, almost horizontal, rain in his face his handling was faultless.
The Lions took the lead when Dan Hill broke from the halfway line and rounded the 'keeper to finish well.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 5 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 6 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 7 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Glazebrook was only beaten by a superb finish by the Hatfield forward, but he and his fellow defenders scrapped for everything including an amazing goal mouth scramble but they held on for an excellent point.
The game was played in unbelievably bad conditions and both sides should be congratulated on sticking with it. Daniel Porter had a superb game whilst Harrison, Adam and Ben also battled really well as the Lions made it eight games unbeaten.