Girls U15s win league title
AFTER a long, hard and exciting adventure in their first full season in the Herts WU15 Emerging Clubs League, Royston finished worthy winners of the title.
A tough season began in January when the Crows made their debut with all but two girls playing their first ever match. That defeat on a cold, wet day in Bishop’s Stortford gave the girls a taste for continued rugby and they haven’t looked back since.
Another defeat to Newmarket did nothing to kill the passion arising within the girls and they followed that with a first victory in early March against Wymondham.
This gave the girls the confidence they needed to kick on, and by the end of the season they were punching well above their weight and novice name tag with comprehensive victories in the majority of their end of term fixtures.
The league trophy was presented in front of a sizeable crowd at Hemel Hempstead Rugby Club. Summer training on Sundays is a must as the girls refuse to hang up their boots for a summer break and plans for the new season and challenges are well underway.
You may also want to watch:
Any girls in school Years 7-12 who would like to join should visit the club website www.pitchero.com/clubs/roystonrfc for information.
Royston WU15s: Cunnington, Faik, Hay, Jones, Jupp, Mayo, Smith, Streets, Tuttle, Tuttle, Willis.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 10 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day